[Archive] Xander's Chaos Dwarf Kollossus Conversion (Updated: March 13th)

Xander:

The missile pod type thing?

AGPO:

Thats the one! I’m looking at this as yet another potential death rocket.

Xander:

It’s still probably too large to fit inside the mouth, unfortunately. Not a bad plan for a Death Rocket though. :smiley:

AGPO:

I was thinking as a kind of succesor to the swivel gun, but more high tech

ashur:

Great conversion great job. Always good to have some new troops and this one is particulary good.

Any idea were I can find the book who inspired it?

Traitor King:

Check out the black library (And i think you cna get some of the BL books off amazon)

And Xander, Very nice mdel, its coming along nicely. when are you going to start painting?

The Slaver:

thought the pincer style crab claw thingamajigers arn’t exactly what i would have pictures, who is going to complain about that?!?!? and if someone does, well then you’ll just have to use those pincers to teach them a lesson or two!!

Hashut’s Blessing:

Have you actually managed to paint it yet, Mr. Xander? Can’t wait to see it when it’s done!

Xander:

Nope! Hehe. He’s very low on the priority list, since he is a) Not core, b) Huge and c) Has no rules.

:stuck_out_tongue:

Traitor King:

Use the DoW gaint rules i would say. He might not be a giant and might not fit a rule but it could work…

Lord Archaon:

Chaos Dwarfs can’t have a DoW Giant.

Hashut’s Blessing:

Can always ask for permission. What have you got to do first then? (But, when you DO paint it, get the pictures up ASAP!)

Xander:

First I need to finish my two units of 25 Warriors, a Hero, a Sorcerer, Hobgoblins, and retouch some Orcs and BTs to complete my 1000 point list. Anything after that is gravy. I would imagine I would make either Wolfriders or BLunderbussers.

AGPO:

Be sure to put up an army shot as well Mr Xander!

Hobgobbler:

Nice work-I love the gears on the shoulders and back

Where did you get them?

Xander:

The gears are from a hardware store. Check the nuts and bolts section.

Hobgobbler:

Thanks

I was thinking of using them as basing materiels

AGPO:

First I need to finish my two units of 25 Warriors, a Hero, a Sorcerer, Hobgoblins, and retouch some Orcs and BTs to complete my 1000 point list. Anything after that is gravy. I would imagine I would make either Wolfriders or BLunderbussers.

Xander
i must admit I feel encouraged by the fact your army is taking as long as mine Xander. I've only got a couple of regiments and some characters painted, but on the plus side i now have over 2,000pts worth of models converted

Ishkur Cinderhat:

Gee, everytime this thread shows up in the “new posts” filter, I hope to see some new pictures… :frowning:

Xander:

First I need to finish my two units of 25 Warriors, a Hero, a Sorcerer, Hobgoblins, and retouch some Orcs and BTs to complete my 1000 point list.��Anything after that is gravy. I would imagine I would make either Wolfriders or BLunderbussers.

Xander
i must admit I feel encouraged by the fact your army is taking as long as mine Xander. I've only got a couple of regiments and some characters painted, but on the plus side i now have over 2,000pts worth of models converted

AGPO
I worked really fast at the beginning because I was in school. Now I am working full time, and my schedule had been bouncing around. Recently I have been working on a small side project which was to create a gaming table. I am very nearly finished, and no doubt I will make some terrain to match the table. The table is mostly brown earth with patches of grass: in the style of my basing for my Chaos Dwarfs.

I wanted a table to play, as well as to take nice group shots of my painted miniatures in action.

This week should see a Rykarth. ;)