[Archive] Yarrrr.... A hint of Man o' War?

Pyro Stick:

Looks like we will finally find out exactly what this release is going to be like on saturday

tjub:

Oh, I like the teaser… :slight_smile:

vulcanologist:

Shiver me timbers!!!

Nicodemus:

Teaser trailer posted to What’s New Today on GW’s website.

Meh… I’ve never understood the appeal of pirates.

snowblizz:

Meh... I've never understood the appeal of pirates.

Nicodemus
They are PIRATES!

:yar:yar:yar:yar:yar:yar:yar

wallacer:

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat440146a&prodId=prod1350015a

Borador:

Looks like man o war is back… With awesome miniatures ;DDD

Borador:

Oh and Chaos dwarves are represented -> the black Kraken is the chaos dwarf vessel in this game!

wallacer:

Pity that due to GW’s Aust/NZ pricing policy it will be NZ$220.

sigh

curlybeard:

It could be that the rules are based on the ‘Trafalgar’ set as it mentions the wind gauge in theparts list, wehich is key to the trafalgar ruleset.

Ordered a set this morning. I like the idea of the cloth seascape, now where did I put my sea monsters?

cornixt:

To link this up with the CD ship thread:

http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=9795

Bolg:

I like the illustrations. But I cant be bothered by the game. I’ll stick to Dystopian Wars (�,�90 in DW gives you a shit load more cool boats than in this box)

Nicodemus:

Oh and Chaos dwarves are represented -> the black Kraken is the chaos dwarf vessel in this game!

Borador
Time for someone to make a 25mm-scale version of this one ;)

Looks better than I was expecting. Their preview video had some good stuff in it, although I would have liked to have seen just a tiny bit more about the actual game play and mechanics as part of their sales pitch.

~N

Grimstonefire:

A 25mm scale version would be… 1m long?  Now that I would like to see :smiley:

wallacer:

Someone on Warseer said that it is an “undead” Chaos Dwarf ship. Is it really undead or is it just fighting on the undead side?

Ishkur Cinderhat:

I think it’s just fighting on the undead side. The fluff about the captain in the video said nothing about him being undead.

fonejaker:

Someone on Warseer said that it is an "undead" Chaos Dwarf ship.  Is it really undead or is it just fighting on the undead side?

wallacer
he's not undead, just a little bit old and slightly obsessed with body augments

Ugly Green Trog:

I think some more acknowledgement from GW proper as to the continued existance of CDs to be a very positive sign.

wallacer:

I’m tempted to buy the thing just to get that Chaos Dwarf ship.

The thought of paying $220 for a board game makes me feel slightly queasy though.

Drychnath:

I am very pleased with this release, although my shortage of living space (being primarily confined to a hotel room for the foreseeable future…and then who knows?) means I likely will miss out.

That being the case, I have been investigating trying to purchase Chaos Dwarf Man O War ships, and applaud any sort of naval game. I still am sad about Battlefleet Gothic falling by the wayside in terms of investment; the most tactically detailed game in the Games Workshop corpus, that I have played.

I have toyed with the idea of building a large scale ship for the purpose of serving either as a mobile element of terrain for Fantasy Battle, or something smaller for combat on a scale slightly larger than Skirmish, focusing on ship vs ship rather than a fleet. Being able to lay boarding ramps across and fight it out with individual models is hugely appealing to me. Huzzah! Huzzah! Huzzah!