[Archive] Yay! We are getting AoS rules!

Morgrim Blackbeard:

Exciting! Cant wait to see them. Hopefully they get the acceptance our old book had.

KingFisher:

Exciting! Cant wait to see them. Hopefully they get the acceptance our old book had.

Morgrim Blackbeard
So there seems to be 3 tiers of possibility
1. FW releases warscrolls for all LoA units with models see: http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhammer/CHAOS_DWARFS
2. FW releases warscrolls for all LoA units (K'daai Destroyer, Blunderbuss Infernals, and Hobgoblins for example)
3. FW releases warscrolls Chaos Dwarf units/models from before LoA. (Regular CD warriors, CD melee Lord,)

Since we can already take OnG warscrolls within AoS, perhaps they come up with a list of recommended Warscrolls?

For example Sneaky Gits=Nasty Skulkers etc etc.

AGPO:

Given the war scrolls that have been released for other armies, I doubt we’ll get anythign for the Big Hat era. Afterall, there’s been nothing for Kislev or the more recently discontinued special characters. Nor has there been anything for Skarbrand or any other unit without an official model.

I think the possibilities are more likely to be:

1. Forgeworld releases war scrolls for their existing miniatures range. (Pretty good news)

2. Forgeworld releases war scrolls for every entry in Tamurkhan and Monsterous Arcana (even better!)

3. Forgeworld also announces that it is resuming production of fantasy models, and Chaos Dwarfs in particular. (Jackpot!)

Bottom line is that with the heresy working out so well for FW we need Age of Sigmar and the Chaos Dwarfs to be a real success for them to consider doing more for us.

Vex:

I hope they give us K’daii Destroyer rules.

Tarrakk Blackhand:

I also hope they make rules for the K'daii Destroyer. The model (I assume) has probably been cancelled. you know how GW are about units that have rules but no official model...

vex
I have 1 thing to say about this : Grom The Paunch Of Misty Mountain. He appears in every O&G book, even the Warscrolls. The last time the model was made was a few years ago.

KingFisher:

I watched this video: Age Of Sigmar Test Game - YouTube

To add balance they came up with:

Wounds+Attacks x Bravery (x2 for war-machines/monsters) = points

And it created a balanced game.

Thoughts? Maybe Thommy could point his warscrolls and see if they “feel” right?

cornixt:

I also hope they make rules for the K'daii Destroyer. The model (I assume) has probably been cancelled. you know how GW are about units that have rules but no official model...

vex
I have 1 thing to say about this : Grom The Paunch Of Misty Mountain.  He appears in every O&G book, even the Warscrolls. The last time the model was made was a few years ago.

Tarrakk Blackhand
There seems to be quite a few units mentioned in the warscrolls that haven't had models in some time - wood elf chariots! (note, it points to using a high elf chariot, but the fact that they mentioned it at all was surprising)

Morgrim Blackbeard:

I watched this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYG-APGLIXs&t=0m35s

Thoughts? Maybe Thommy could point his warscrolls and see if they "feel" right?

KingFisher

Interesting...might be worth a go to see how it works

gIL^:

I wonder what copyrightable name there going to use.

tenebre:

I watched this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYG-APGLIXs&t=0m35s

Thoughts? Maybe Thommy could point his warscrolls and see if they "feel" right?

KingFisher

Interesting...might be worth a go to see how it works

Morgrim Blackbeard
This seems to help at least make equal sides. But the lack of ranks, flanking, rear charges, facing, terrain, etc still ends up with them just pushing forward then hoping for better averages. Having played a couple games and watched there just isnt any depth to the game, it almost doesn matter what units you are using since the statlines are not varied much. I really hope this rumored BRB surfaces with more in depth rules

TheHoodedMan:

That can help to balance, but I think special rules must be considered as well.

In Germany one of the leading tournament system maker groups announced that they began to work on a system for competitive play. Im pretty sure that will be playable in the given frame. Ill share it as soon it is available.

Xander:

I wonder what copyrightable name there going to use.

gIL^
Trademarkable. :) Trademarks are for names of things (and logos). Not much of a difference, but it's a different sets of laws.

Copyrights exist on any works you make, so they can't be duplicated wholesale.