[Archive] Your biggest accidents!

Tyranoth The Ashen:

We have all been there. Droping the model to break, no matter what faction or size. I have droped a Riptide battle suit for £50 that gets it’s leges splitted into two. I have droped one Voidraider bomber for £48, the wing got into 3 pieces. I have droped models that breaks so bad that it can not be fixed with glue or tape, or green stuff.

My latest accident, my Tamurkhan from forgeworld, £125 I was about to paint the Tyrant and that shit droped, it more like jumped of my fingers and Tamurkhan was like;

- You never paint me alive!

This “S#!7” (curse word is used) happend.

https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpl1/t31.0-8/11952952_1145549502169342_7781545030825806956_o.jpg

This is the biggest failiure of my entire life with this hobby and it happend just now. I have been painting warhammers from 1996 and up, and I still drop them like an amature. I am the worst. I don’t know if I should laught or cry, I am on the other hand going insane. There goes £125! I don’t thin it can be fixed right now. May need to take something from a standard bearer and replace and fix it. I have to. I don’t think forge world would send spare parts, and I don’t think they would send me a new model for £125.

Hashut will first burn me, after that put me under the sorcerer’s curse and turn me into stone. It would be worse than Han Solo in Empire strikes back.

Helblindi:

Hi Tyranoth!

I understand your pretty worked up about dropping that expensive piece, but you might want to turn down the swearing a bit around here. In the wake of AoS we’ve just had a stern reminder about language :wink:

My only accident like that was after I had finished my lord on custom made shieldbearers for like 99%. I was taking a last look at it before going to bed, and it just fell to the floor. Damage was minimal and easily fixed fortunately.

Try and look at it as an opportunity to get creative and end up with a unique model thanks to your custom fixing :slight_smile: though it will probably take a few days before you can see it in a positive light :slight_smile:

Timothy Archer:

i first painted my 20 fireglaives from russian alternative with a lots of attention

it took me one month to finish

and then i try to varnish them

they were horrible completely frosted , a nightmare

i put them into turpenthine because i was absolutely full of rage

to see ten minutes after that there was a possible solution to save them

but usually i dont break things , but i hurt myself frequently

and sometimes when a glue does not glue

i throw one or two miniatures on the wall by rage

they fly well , but they are usually pretty intact after that because i put metal pin everywhere

its a kind of crazy habit that i have since i open one day my teenager treasure ( a huge escher gang

of 43 ladies , with all the possible weapons available in necromunda to discover that the glue starts to dont glue anymore after a while

…they were like , a nightmare in a guy bourdin photograph )

JMR:

Many, many years ago I had just completed my unit of metal Beastmen Gor. All done, bases flocked, nicely ranked 4 wide, 3 deep. (Old times!)
I had to open up a bottle of Bleached Bone, but as usual, the twist-off lid was stuck. As I struggled to open it, it finally did open but also flung across my table and over my Gor unit. Bleached Bone all over them :frowning:

Have to admit that I can’t recall having anything break or such apart from that. I’m also rather surprised that I’ve never managed to cut myself in the fingers at all. And that’s with… 15(?) years worth of knife-handling now.

Edit: Tyranoth, what is it that actually got damaged? Is it just the banner pole that broke off? Surely that can be glued back on?

Doombeard:

I couldnt get an aerosol can of blue car paint to open so i began to stab it with a screwdriver or something, and I accidently burst it, and it sprayed blue paint all over my mothers brand new conservatory extension that had only just been built/finished. Ive shoved a scalpel all the way in to the handel into my leg before as well as I was cutting.

Herby:

... Tyranoth, what is it that actually got damaged? Is it just the banner pole that broke off? Surely that can be glued back on?
Yes what's the problem here Tyranoth The Ashen?
If that's all then it's just a trifle. This should really be no problem to fix.
I've seen way more worse accidents.

@JMR: When the accidentally dropped colour on the miniatures is fresh and liquid you can wash it off with clear water. Be fast, pick them, run to the nearest water faucet and shower them. You won't damage the painted miniatures at all. At worst the flock of your bases will be washed away too. But that can easily be fixed. Much faster than repaint the miniatures.

Tyranoth The Ashen:

Tyranoth, what is it that actually got damaged? Is it just the banner pole that broke off? Surely that can be glued back on?

JMR
I was able to cut off, drill and replace it with a beastmen SB. I was able to fix it. I had such a panic last night.
Yes what's the problem here Tyranoth The Ashen? If that's all then it's just a trifle. This should really be no problem to fix.
I've seen way more worse accidents.

Herby
I wish you could see how this banner was suppose to fit on his back. It's not just a stick.

Fuggit Khan:

My biggest accident? My first marriage comes to mind…

But for model accidents, I once dropped a 5 pound pipe wrench on top of a 1/72 scale WWI airplane model that I scratch-built from brass…completely flattened the model into a brass sheet :frowning:

I think I set a new standard for cussing at the time

Dînadan:

My biggest accident? My first marriage comes to mind...

But for model accidents, I once dropped a 5 pound pipe wrench on top of a 1/72 scale WWI airplane model that I scratch-built from brass...completely flattened the model into a brass sheet :(
I think I set a new standard for cussing at the time

Fuggit Khan
Should have made some more, flattened them too and thus invented a whole new avenue of 2D gaming. ;)