[Archive] Zargon's Army Blog

Zargon the Black:

Hi all. Thought i’d start a blog of my new LoA army.

To start here are my 2 new K’daii destroyers that arrived in the mail this morning.

Cost me $42 AUD off of Amazon. So by my calculations, at 650pts of rares thats just over 6 cents a point :wink:

Grimbold Blackhammer:

Now those are great finds! Some green-stuffing to make them fire-y and they’ll rock the board. I think you’ll only have one small problem - the base needs to be turned 90 degrees or else it will be surfing sideways all game. Any chance you can reposition the legs and/or head?

Grimbold Blackhammer

fattdex:

Now those are great finds!  Some green-stuffing to make them fire-y and they'll rock the board.  I think you'll only have one small problem - the base needs to be turned 90 degrees or else it will be surfing sideways all game.  Any chance you can reposition the legs and/or head?

Grimbold Blackhammer

Grimbold Blackhammer
Or create a flaming surfboard!

Zargon the Black:

The base is actually a Skaven Abomination base and i just put it in there for scale. Im trying to get hold of some Aracknarok bases… hopefully ill get lucky on ebay…

In regard to the figures themselves, the hands, head, horns, arms, lower legs and waist are moveable.

Not sure how i will paint these yet… will do a test model in the next few days. Im thinking Black/lava like skin and cant decide between bronze or steel like armor… thoughts?

Grimbold Blackhammer:

They look rubbery - what are they made of? Or what are they called and I’ll just look them up online =)

Grimbold Blackhammer

Zargon the Black:

They are the Mcfarlane Taurus from 2009

vulcanologist:

Great find! Should look very impressive when painted!

Zargon the Black:

Sooooo… Been a long time… Heres my first 1300pts built for a game against my friends high elves…