[Archive] Zarreks chosen - The Force of Rhan Ghanor [MM90 set complete Oct 2018]]

TheHoodedMan:

Hi there.

Thank you. There is lot of space for improvement, I know. I closed the hand gap with some paper. That was a mistake and I didnt do that on the second bunch of warriors that I built. I will cut the paper away with the hobby knife so hopefully when the unit is complete this will be solved ;). <br>I paint each model separately and use the same color range. But there are individual differences, so some ornamental parts can be of different materials. The middle guys horns are metal (iron/silver) but that can change on the next model. <br>Probably I wont change the beards colours but will try to do the paintjob of the models a little better. It looks ok from the distance but the closer you get ;-)…

First step is to rework the hilts of the axes with an additional wash. It doesn`t look ready yet.

Honeym123:

all right, but please let the one thing you remember from my comment, is that I really like the work youve done. I only critizise to help you improve your work - but I like what you have all ready done :slight_smile:

TheHoodedMan:

Yes, I know that and all comments help me indeed :slight_smile: especially at my tendency to work a little sloppy.

edit: Was a few days off, but perhaps I can do some painting and building the next days.

Fuggit Khan:

Some really nice progress with your army, I really like the colors you’re picked for the RA mini’s…a very unique theme that really stands out. It’s brilliantly simple and at the same time incredibly vivid. I absolutely love it :cheers

More please!

TheHoodedMan:

Some of you already realized that I finished an entry for the golden hat.
That was the short fluff I wrote for the entry:

Urbad was the last and smallest of a band of giant brothers. He was pushed around and mistreated by his fellows and his father and ignored by his mother.
Some day there was shouting outside the cave in which the giants lived. Urbad glimpsed through a crack and saw a huge demon of fire and metal which devoured his kin. Behind the monster was a battlegroup of heavily armoured dwarves who looted the caves and took Urbad as a prisoner.
The dwarves fed Urbad well because they soon recognized his worth as a work horse. Other slaves ducked away in fear and respect for the strength of the little giant. That was more Urbad had ever experienced from his kin and the Chaos Dwarves became his new family.
The loyal servant was used to pull the heavy warmachines into place when no iron daemon was around and sometimes Urbad even fought with the warriors in combat.

For the contest I let Urbad draw a basecoated death shrieker. This fitted because the focus should be on him and also I only had one finished warmachine which was displayed in my blog before.
The model is from Mierce and is called “Urbad, Vagrant”. Normally he carries a huge menhir on his back. So I had to close a big sink in the back. Now I think I could have modelled chainmail, but in September I decided to model a big leather patch. I ordered and added a modelchain, voila!
5 pictures which I didn`t use in the entry, 3 I made today.

In games I will use Urbad as a unit filler. Colors fit :hat. He will bring terror to my foes!!

from behind:

Fuggit Khan:

I like that you added a short story bit of fluff for Urbad, I think all armies should have a short bit of fluff for unique characters.

And a giant as well! Your entry was one that totally caught me off guard, I was simply not expecting a giant…I had expected to see a wide variery of slaves from all entries, I was expecting some humans, green skins (obviously), maybe some elves and even a few ogres here and there. But it never occurred to me to see a giant :o

And what a perfect slave he makes…truly every Dawi Zharr would love to master one of these formidable guys. And now the more that I look at this guy, the more I want one for my army too :hat off

A good entry!

MadHatter:

Great fluff and paintjob, it’s a real cool model with soul to it. Will you field Urbad as a siege giant sometimes? Ah I love giants, I wish I could play them properly.

tjub:

Its a great looking giant, I actually thought he was missing an arm at first glance… Would want to have him behind you in the unit though, “Krunch! Oups, sorry boss…” :smiley:

Yodrin:

Very nice job Sir…:wink:

TheHoodedMan:

Thank you all for your nice comments. Mierce makes great models, I have two more of them in my WoC-Army.

@Fuggit: The story was even longer but I accidentally stroke a key-combination at writing it and then had to write it again ;).

@MadHatter: For a siege giant Urbad is a little weak and he is also not the brightest bulb if you know what I mean. Therefore if prophet Zarrek comes to the situation to besiege a foe (he doesnt intend this at the moment) he will have to look for a stronger biggy. I already saw two models which would fulfill the physical requirements, but Zarreks budget is down from paying all the infernal guard and warmachines...<br><br>@Tjub: Youre right. Probably the warriors will push him to the first rank that they won`t risk to get caught accidentally by that stone hammer :cheers

TheHoodedMan:

Added some fluff in post#1 :-).

TheHoodedMan:

The last days I thought over the colors for my hobgoblins. I applied the base colors on one archer. I used similar colors like with the chaos dwarf warriors to produce a coherent look of the army. There are nearly no highlights on the model but I hope you can get the basic idea:

Fuggit Khan:

I’m always happy to see 4th edition Hobgoblins…they really are some of the most characterful Perry sculpts. Good choice on the colors too, they have a nice bit of ‘old school’ color theme, as well as keeping a balanced coherent look to your overall army colors.

And good job on the green skin painting :sick

TheHoodedMan:

I really like the models and in correspondence my love for the old big hat dwarf grows as well. We will see how that develops in the future;)

@Fuggit Khan: The skin is not yet ready but for now I am satisfied. I followed your workflow at the layers and it worked out. I couldnt copy your base color but I digged out a coat darms color “goblin green” which is rather bright but also warm. Great you like it :hat off

TheHoodedMan:

the status quo of my building activities :-).

Next on the to-do-list are the emissaries and a 500 pt. block of troops.

I try to paint 2500 pts. until end of april 2015.

Bloodbeard:

That’s a nice force you have there! My suggestion is this: resist any urge to add more minatures to your collection. Paint stuff first. It sucks, is hard work and doing it in blocks is extra boring. But the result is worth it. Otherwise you might end up being overwhelmed be the amount of unpainted stuff.

Perhaps let the emissaries be a reward to yourself. Finish 5 infantry men or a big thing - do an emissary (and get a cool one in return).

That’s what works for me - giving myself some rewards for finishing stuff up.

Yodrin:

Nice collection indeed!!! And that Destroyer looks promising;):wink:

Admiral:

I agree with the other Scandinavians. :wink:

Doombeard:

Great to see it all coming together, keep going!

Grollbringer:

Nice army! When do you paint the destroyer? I would love to see this model painted.