[Archive] Zharr A Tustra minions

dromar:

Hy guys!

I have ordered a big lot of Warhammer forge chaos dwarf.

Waiting for the miniatures to arrive, here is the army list:

LEGION OF AZGHOR 1500PTS

LORD:

-Drazhaoth The Ashen. 570pts

(My lord Zharr A Tustra riding Bale’Smathi his winged bull).

HEROES:

-Hobgoblin khan, giant wolf, light armor, spear. 58pts

SPECIAL UNIT:

-Iron Daemon. 285pts

CORE UNIT:

-20 Infernal Guards with fireglaives, full command, overseer with naphta bombs. 377pts

RARE UNIT:

-Hellcannon. 210pts

So many shooting attacks and a good melee potential with mooves and magic, what do you think about it? I’m used to play against High Elves, that’s why the iron daemon isn’t hellbound.

Admiral:

Whatever the army list’s performance, “Zharr A Tustra” is a clever pun of a name. :smiley:

dromar:

Thanks, any comment on the list? ^^

Admiral:

Sorry, I’ve no useful comments to give. Too lousy with rules and tabletop games, though I do enjoy them. Best lof luck anyway! :wink:

Norngahl:

Hey there!

First- play a nilla sorcerer prophet. Lvl 4, Death/Hashut, Talisman of Preservation, Charmed Shield, Chalice of Blood and Darkness, Great Taurus. Best bang for your bucks. Drazhaoth sucks^^

Better play CC Infernal Guards with HW/S or Great Weapons. You should stock them up to 30. If you still want to play shooty ones, play blubderbusses instead. You can easily convert Fireglaives to blunderbusses, have a look at my armyblog :slight_smile: you still should field 30.

Take two hobhoblin khans. Equipment is good!

Put Hellbound on the iron demon. T8 and W8 and magic shooting attack is golden and a nobrainer.

Throw in some hobgoblins with bows and shields.

Get a magma cannon and a deathshrieker :slight_smile:

dromar:

Thanks ^^

Drazhaoth isn’t that bad:

-S5 breath attack is really strong

-+1 to cast his spells

-+1 battle result for every CD units in 12ps

-4W witch is a little help for his 3+/5++

I think i’m gonna test Drazhaoth or replace him by a death prophet on great taurus.

I do love hellbound ID but if i play against high elves, they will have 2++ against magical attacks.

LORD:

-Sorcerer Prophet level 4, lore of death, great taurus, talisman of preservation, charmed shield. 495pts

HEROES:

-Khan hobgoblin, giant wolf, light armor. 54pts

-Khan hobgoblin, giant wolf, light armor. 54pts

SPECIAL UNIT:

-Iron Daemon, hellbound. 310pts

CORE UNIT:

-20 Infernal Guards with fireglaives, full command, overseer with naphta bomb. 377pts

RARE UNIT:

-Hellcannon. 210pts

I do love fireglaives models so i want to play them.

Plus i have played blunderbuss for long and wasn’t quite satisfy after few tournaments.

So i decided to try weapons with higher range, strengh + S5 in close combat.

Naphta bomb is here to allow my fireglaives to stand and shoot without the long range malus.

It’s a 1500pts list, i can’t put everything i want ^^

Bloodbeard:

I like your second list. An irondemon should always be hellbound. That extra wound and toughness are great. And those annoying High Elves have a nasty habit of bringing shadow magic.

Fireglaives are not optimal - but it’s nice models. Nice models win Warhammer. So use them.

I don’t like lore of death. Sure the Purple Sun wins battles when on a flier - but it’s a boring game. Hashut is so much fun. It can bring down LD like death. But there’s nothing more satisfying than Ash Storming that large BSB, mage bunker of white lions / phoenix guards. Love it!

The Hellcannon has become my favourite unit in the entire list. But it works best with a re-roll. That’s not possible with the general zooming around.

Try out Drazhoath - his save is bad, so Lore of Metal kills him quick. But I think he is fun.