[Archive] Zhatan the Black(1)

WarplockMonkey:

Hey again!

While on another caravanning holiday i sculpted this guy based on Zhatan the Black

I think this might be my best sculpt yet,

Comments?

duktu:

Holy cow! He’s absolutely awesome! The shoulder pad is great. Everything is great really :hat off Great job, I wish I could sculpt like that.

Dracomancer:

Good stuff!:cheers

clam:

Wow! Looks amazing - Great job there WarplockM :hat off - now get your primer and you brushes, so we can se the finished job;)

Arashi:

Awesome stuff! Just a question, aren’t you getting a lot of heroes lately, but no regular troops :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Grimstonefire:

He would have been better with the middle finger up! :wink:

I think his hat would look much better flat ontop.

Ironic someone else is doing a sculpt of Zhatan as I happen to have started one today :slight_smile:

WarplockMonkey:

Well grim,

1. I have to keep it decent, so unfortunatly no middle finger! Trust me, if i could i would! Take that pansy elves!

2. Yours will be so much better than mine,so please don’t put it up because it will make mine look crap!:~

Arashi,

I have got troops, i assure you, but i like doing characters because i can put so much time and love into them. He took me about 2 days so sculpting an entire unit, let alone an army, would take me forever!

I am thinking of putting him into the youngbloods at GD UK, so i hope it will be up to scratch!

Lord Darkash:

The hat top does look a tad bobble hatish! Otherwise another fantastic sculpt from your good self! Seems caravaning hols are the place to sculpt!

I go camping alot so i shall have remember that!

WarplockMonkey:

Alright, alright ill get rid of the bobble!

darkash:

Seriously it seems to help, the trouble is i forgot to bring my paints with me so i could of half finished him by now :~

Lord Darkash:

Usually rains when i go camping but we have a large frame tent now so i can still do it! My wife makes sure i pack everything i need bless her, “Do you want to bring your paints…” etc!

Anymore heroes in the pipeline?

WarplockMonkey:

WEll darkash i have just purchased a unit of blunderbussiers, and i have two bodies left. I am thinking of a BSB and an engineer, what do you think?

Also i really want to sculpt a new version of astrogoth, but i do not know what model to base his machine that carries him around on, any ideas?

hal:

Great work warplock your sculpting is just getting better and better.

Lord Darkash:

WEll darkash i have just purchased a unit of blunderbussiers, and i have two bodies left. I am thinking of a BSB and an engineer, what do you think?

Also i really want to sculpt a new version of astrogoth, but i do not know what model to base his machine that carries him around on, any ideas?

WarplockMonkey
BSBs always useful and have an in game use already wheras engineers you'd have to use either Dwarf rules or somwthing made up. Depends if you are up to a beautiful and complex banner!

I've seen an astragoth converion using Ork Nob in mega armour legs and astragoths regular body and head. I think i would steer in that direction but sculpt the whole head and body (based on you previous efforts id say you were up to that :hat off )

WarplockMonkey:

Hmmmmm…i DO have a spare power armoured ork somewhere… but i have run out of greenstuff! Curses! My fingers are iching and no greenstuff? Grrrrr…

I really need to get some more, but when?

As soon as i do i will be straight on it! Cheers darkash!

torn:

warplock your greenstuff skill has greatly improved since we saw your first attempt congratulations

Canix:

Great work there Warplock Monkey i really like this sculpt mean and cute like bighats everywhere

Lord Darkash:

Hmmmmm....i DO have a spare power armoured ork somewhere....... but i have run out of greenstuff! Curses! My fingers are iching and no greenstuff? Grrrrr....

I really need to get some more, but when?

As soon as i do i will be straight on it! Cheers darkash!

WarplockMonkey
:) No worries! :hat off

Xander:

Awesome stuff man! I agree that a flat hat might be better. For my personal tastes his head is a bit big, but on the whole it is very well done, better than I have ever made. :slight_smile:

Well done!

WarplockMonkey:

Thanks for all the positive comments, it really does help with modelling when other people are praising your work. It makes you want to do better to impress them more!

Xander wrote:

but on the whole it is very well done, better than I have ever made.

From one of the great lords of the dawi zharr, this is a great compliment indeed!:slight_smile:

Xander:

Also worthy of note is how much better the beard looks as compared to your sorcerer. The ringlets are now here! Nice.