[Archive] Zhatan the Black: Commander of the Tower of Zharr

Sojourn:

great work Thommy! the bone is amazing, and I love the rich red colour and the armour looks great.

and btw, that bodyguard of immortals is fantastic. they aren’t vibrant, but, they still pop. they still have a presence. that’s the best explanation I’ve got right now. heh

Thommy H:

Is it the bases again? It’s starting to look like a gimmick, but I seriously can’t stress enough how much difference giving a model a nice base can make. My fiancée’s Wood Elves are decently painted in flat colours and she wasn’t happy with them at all, but as soon as I stuck a bit of flock and static grass on their bases she totally changed her mind.

Swissdictator:

Very nicely done, I also like the use of Ironbreakers too.

I’m looking forward to ordering one of these figures for my own army.

Sojourn:

Is it the bases again? It's starting to look like a gimmick, but I seriously can't stress enough how much difference giving a model a nice base can make. My fiancée's Wood Elves are decently painted in flat colours and she wasn't happy with them at all, but as soon as I stuck a bit of flock and static grass on their bases she totally changed her mind.

Thommy H
nope, I mean the 'highlighting' is subtle, but just enough of a contrast to make it stand out. it's still subdued, but very cohesive and fits well.

god, that makes no sense. that's what happens when you work with numbers all day kids.

clam:

Great job, Tommy H :hat off

He is a big guy but still seems to rank okay on a 20mm base

Now I’m just looking forward to get my own :smiley:

Loki:

Excellent job Tommy

he really fits in with the immortals well, i hope to be getting mine in the post this week cant wait to get painting him :hat off

theimmortal:

i have one of those guys , carnt wait to paint him, gj on the painting tommy