[Archive] Zonk email-address

Octus:

Hi

Like we all know Zonk made one of the worst scams in recent wargaming history. I also think we all can agree that beside scamming he also did some of the best and (in case of the Bighats only) CD-sculpts before disappearing.

I thought if he is so prone for getting some easy cash would he actually sell his talents for the greater good (I still don’t get why he disappered…it seems that he had an excellent business running). So I was wondering if anyone has his actual email-address left (he isn’t answering private messaging) so I could try get hold of him and start talking about business. I saw a locked thread about recasting Zonk, but I think this way it could be done right. I could either buy the actual rights for models or form a partnership where he needs only to focus on sculpting (and getting that $weet ca$h).

If he is a reasonable guy I think I can lure him back to miniature market. This is a venture that is not happening instantly but maybe someday we would be able to get Asscannon and other classics back in sale from reliable source.

So if you have his address please PM or send email it to roope.sillanpaa@wippies.com

Thanks

PS. casting was mentioned but I hope that it doesn’t violate the forum-rules.

Thommy H:

He’s not a reasonable guy though, is he? He’s a con artist. Why would you even think about trying to go into business with him?

And the whole problem was that no one could get into contact with him after he took their money so I doubt very much you’ll find a working e-mail for him.

Octus:

Yeah I think my wording wasn’t the best :smiley:

But the points of this are that:

- he obviously wants money and he either is an very talented sculptor or he worked with an very talented sculptor

- he lost all credibility after his scam so there’s no way getting back to business by himself

- he wouldn’t need to face all the hate from the people who he scammed and (if Bolt didn’t do it already) unsend orders could be fullfilled to gain back the credibility (I guess that for Zonk that is forever lost but for his works maybe)

- This way he wouldn’t need to worry about casting and shipping

- Ea$y Ca$h (Zonk already has a nice catalog of works so he would need to do next to nothing)

I can see his products easily marketable (after all the bad karma is resolved) and having their own, small place in the miniature market. We already have many lines of miniatures copying the 3rd. edition CD (not that there can ever be too many) but almost none of the later + reworked classics like the AssCannon are hugely popular amongst dedicated people. I have also understood that GW doesn’t own or can’t guard the copyrights for miniatures from this era (So no lawsuits in the horizon).

Kera foehunter:

Maybe the ass canon was his last laugh ??

Thommy H:

I think you might have misunderstood what happened with Zonk. He turned out to be a known scammer who had worked several forums in the past. His method was to first build up a good reputation by honouring a handful of orders first and then disappear when he got many more, taking the money without sending any product in return. In other words, he’s a thief and a conman.

He doesn’t need to get back into the business - he’s probably scamming some other forum already. What would someone who is already a successful criminal have to gain from returning to the scene of his last crime? He wasn’t some victim of a misunderstanding or something. He stole money from members of this community and was banned as a result.

So, with all due respect, you may want to drop this because a) no one around here wants this thief plying his trade in these parts, even were the forum rules changed to allow a banned member to do so and b) for your own good, no matter how much you might like his sculpts, don’t go into business with someone who is a known con artist.

Sorry to be so blunt, but use some common sense here. No one knows how to find him and no one, except possibly those he stole from who want their money back, has any desire to do so.

Baggronor:

he wouldn't need to face all the hate from the people who he scammed
But he should. He scammed them. Why would anyone knowingly buy from him ever again? And why on earth would you want to help him? I'm no genius but going into business with someone you know to be dishonest sounds like a bad idea to me.

Anyway, if he wants to return to business, he can just use a different name and make different stuff, nothing is stopping him. I'm not sure what you can offer him that he can't already do for himself.

Kera foehunter:

you can offer me money

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spHEw2n9LwE

cornixt:

From his previous actions, Zonk is quite clearly a sociopath and any deal you make with him will be broken for no reason at all. He could have made ten times as much money if he’d fulfilled his orders and finished his sculpts, but he gets more satisfaction from annoying people than money. You won’t see many people complaining if you were to recast his stuff yourself and keep a marginal profit, not that the staff of this forum would condone such a thing.

Vardan Painkiller:

I think there wasn’t any real production ever, just handfull of models. thats why he wouldnt/couldnt get more, maby he never made them himself. Also sociopath is person with no attachements not pure evil that likes ppl to suffer. Socios just dont care about others when their goals are in question,

Zanthrax:

It certainly is a risk but it would be good to have his sculpts available.

gIL^:

Well he owes me around £100 i think you would be a fool and deserve what you get if you did. Till i and everyone here get what we are owed i don’t think there will be any kind of deal.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Octus is a Sockpuppet for Zonk sending out a feeler.

gIL^:

I can see his products easily marketable (after all the bad karma is resolved)

Octus
Why would we help make his work marketable for anyone if we got scammed anyway.

Da Crusha:

I wouldn't be surprised if Octus is a Sockpuppet for Zonk sending out a feeler.

gIL^
this.

cornixt:

Some guy we have never heard of but knows all about Zonk, registers and makes his only two posts about him, from only a few hundred miles from where Zonk used to be…

Thorne:

I wouldn't be surprised if Octus is a Sockpuppet for Zonk sending out a feeler.

gIL^
I agree ... Seams too fishy.

Thommy H:

So maybe delete this thread and we can move on with our lives? The forum has rules about banned members returning or having others post on their behalf, so there’s no way Zonk’s stuff could be sold here again, even if anyone were fool enough to entertain the notion of buying from him after what happened before.

gIL^:

So maybe delete this thread and we can move on with our lives? The forum has rules about banned members returning or having others post on their behalf, so there's no way Zonk's stuff could be sold here again, even if anyone were fool enough to entertain the notion of buying from him after what happened before.

Thommy H
Agreed!

MartyF:

Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me.