[Archive] Z's Chaos Dwarf army W.I.P

zsoulless:

Well its the Weekend I just picked up a Box of dwarfs to chop up so wish me luck…

Heres my first One

Questions, Comments, and Criticisms are Always Welcome and often needed.

thanks

~Z

Ghrask Dragh:

Thats Excellent! what did you use for the torso? (I happen to have some miners lying about :D)

The green stuff is good, but could maybe do with a more clarity which would be easier of each braid was a bit thicker, what do you think?

This is really cool, a unit of these would look amazing!!

:cheers

so.sad:

the body and arms are from the marauder sprue, right?

looks good so far, i don’t like swords on dwarfs though. But thats totally up to you and I like the way you crimped it, to fit the size of the dwarf.

nice (or should i say evil?) overall appearence - I really dig the bare upper body

slev:

That is teh awsome.

More I say, more!

Obsidian:

Looking forward to seeing more! :cheers:

snyggejygge:

Great start!

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Tharzhul Firehelm:

Great start mate, can’t wait to see more

minty:

ooooh, nice, maybe make the ebard a little longer, but nothing else I can say on it:)

Willmark:

Ah yes another apprentice of helms joins my cabal, mmmmmwwwwaaaahhaaa.

Excellent work on the scale of the weapons.

Xander:

Nice, the helm is in a good position. That helm’s horns are the best for making the head look wider than it is, so it fits better with the dwarf proportions. I like that you made the haft of the axe shorter.

A picture of the back would be cool, we’d get a better idea which torso is used. It looks to be a modified Marauder, but I can’t be sure.

minty:

40K ork torso, thats what the cloth looks like, and the shoulderpads come from the or sprue I’m guessing (looks like the old orc shoulder pads anywho?)

zsoulless:

Thanks Everyone!

Its a murauder Chest… I notched the bottom of it so the Chaos Belt buckle (which you cant see) overlaps both the torso and the miner legs about 50/50… the shoulderpads are Murauder aswell again a cut and chop… notching the Bottom of the Helm so it sits down on the chest was key I think… and cutting down the Murauder arms… they look like they mesh pretty well… tho I still have some clean up around the armpit before paint…

Anyhow I was working on bases last Night… So I havent done much else. I Will take Pics of my Dirge pre-beard for you so everyone can get a better look.

Thanks again!

~Z

Viskar Zhragoth:

Looking great! Awesome job, and I too love the marauder torso look…something to think about.

We’ll all be waiting for more pictures for sure!

zsoulless:

So heres the start of my chaos dwarf dirge(musician)

Its not much of a start but you should be able to see how the bits fit…

The fir is used to make up the Width and fill in the gaps.

~Z

zsoulless:

Here The Dirge post beard (I still need to clean up mold lines)

Questions, Comments, and Criticisms are Always Welcome and often needed.

thanks

~Z

Kera foehunter:

cool ! i like the not so heavy armor cd

clam:

Very nice start :hat off Looking forward to see more.

zsoulless:

thanks again!

Ok… Now for the last update for Awhile (no need for an update you on every Dwarf in the unit)

my standard Bearer

and the full command

~Z

grunts:

wow, now that is some good stuff. a new take on an existing style, very nice.

Geckilian:

Nifty start. The Marauder bodies are a nice touch, and lend a Slayer-esque feel. Will you be painting spiral or Celtic tattoos on them?