[Archive]?

Doombeard:

can anyone explain to me why my pics wont upload? i have tried using firefox and safari am on a mac

Thommy H:

How are you trying to do it? Most people just use the "

Pyro Stick:

Upload them onto photobucket first, then you can just get the

Doombeard:

ok cheers

catbarf:

on a mac
Whyyyyyyy...???

Gah.

Anyway, upload your pictures to photobucket then link from there.

Vodevil:

Because Macs are amazing and awesome man!

Hammerhand:

on a mac
Whyyyyyyy...???

Gah.

Anyway, upload your pictures to photobucket then link from there.

catbarf
I Loved my mac, it's probably the best PC I've ever had, it's just the software is too hard to come by and it's overpriced.

I ended up selling it to my mum, now I have an All singing & dancing PC. Miss my mac, and the amount of times I hit Ctrl & L'Click is untrue!!!

Thommy H:

I Loved my mac, it's probably the best PC I've ever had
:~

Dracomancer:

Hammerhand
And how many PCs have you had? :P

cornixt:

Thommy H
I can't help but smile at that either :cheers

Hammerhand:

Hammerhand
And how many PCs have you had? :P

Dracomancer
About 12, and that doesn't include laptops! My mac was the 800MHz G4 iMac that looked kind of like an upturned lampshade! I only really bought it because no one else had one that I knew, and it was quirky and different (sound familiar?).��It was great but as I said before, the mac wasn't really supported over here so software was hard to come by, and there was no version of AutoCAD which I need for work so I had to get rid.��And a Mac is a PC IMO, I'm not a fanatic! :sick

catbarf:

Look, the only reason to own a Mac is stability, and that’s just because it’s clocked to run more slowly since it doesn’t need all that processor power for things like games. Oh, yeah, games- you need to find a Mac store, they run horribly, but at least you already know which are good and which are bad, because they came out for PC six or seven years ago.

And when you need to upgrade, it’s not complicated. Instead of replacing a part and reconnecting cables and all that, you just throw it out and buy a new one. Yeah. Great.

All the graphics programs for art and digital design can run on Windows.

And, even if it were the best thing since sliced bread, I’d refuse to buy one for the simple reason that I flat-out refuse to buy a product from a company that feels that the only way to sell its product is to bash the competitions’.

torn:

id wait until they put OSX on an ipod and get that

gORCUS:

And, even if it were the best thing since sliced bread, I'd refuse to buy one for the simple reason that I flat-out refuse to buy a product from a company that feels that the only way to sell its product is to bash the competitions'.

catbarf
Well then you must not buy much of anything then. :)

Dracomancer:

And, even if it were the best thing since sliced bread, I'd refuse to buy one for the simple reason that I flat-out refuse to buy a product from a company that feels that the only way to sell its product is to bash the competitions'.

catbarf
Well then you must not buy much of anything then.��:)

gORCUS
lol, although macs did take it to the next level, and managed to show what sell-outs Mitchell and Webb are at the same time...:rolleyes:

Thommy H:

God I hated those adverts. The problem is that any kind of basic “Mac vs. PC” debate like the ones presented there falls down when you consider that virtually everyone either owns a PC or has at least used one. So having “PC” act really boring and treat the PC like some lumbering dinosaur that can’t do anything fun does sort of fly in the face of all the millions of people watching who have PCs and use them for fun stuff. It just made no sense.

Hammerhand:

God I hated those adverts. The problem is that any kind of basic "Mac vs. PC" debate like the ones presented there falls down when you consider that virtually everyone either owns a PC or has at least used one. So having "PC" act really boring and treat the PC like some lumbering dinosaur that can't do anything fun does sort of fly in the face of all the millions of people watching who have PCs and use them for fun stuff. It just made no sense.

Thommy H
I don't think I have ever seen a mac advert on TV.

Vodevil:

Look, the only reason to own a Mac is stability, and that's just because it's clocked to run more slowly since it doesn't need all that processor power for things like games. Oh, yeah, games- you need to find a Mac store, they run horribly, but at least you already know which are good and which are bad, because they came out for PC six or seven years ago.

catbarf
You do know that not everyone cares to play games right? I Don't have any desire what so ever to play them. I realize this is a gaming forum, so most people here will prefer their PCs, which is fine. I personally don't use my computer for games, so it's a non issue to not be able to run them.
All the graphics programs for art and digital design can run on Windows.

catbarf
No.

I'm in the film field and this just isn't correct, I regularly use many programs that you don't find on windows.

Final Cut Pro, Motion, Color, Logic Pro, Live Type, Shake, Soundtrack and Compressor.

I just couldn't use a Windows machine, for others it's fine... For my uses however, the Mac is better. Plus I just flat out like it better, it makes more sense to my creative brain.

Thommy H:

I realize this is a gaming forum, so most people here will prefer their PCs, which is fine

I don't think you need a PC to play Warhammer...

Vodevil:

I realize this is a gaming forum, so most people here will prefer their PCs, which is fine

I don't think you need a PC to play Warhammer...

Thommy H
The majority of people I know play both, in my travels I've ran into hardly anyone that plays Warhammer but not PC games. I'm stereotyping, so sue me or something. ;)