Are these 8th Edition Fantasy Army List Word Document Templates Still Available Anywhere?

Continuing the discussion from [Archive] A useful tool:

Does anyone have a link or even just a copy still stored on their drive?

Edit:: For the purpose of this: I'd Like To Make A Nice Pdf Of All Our Old Community-Made Unit And Character Rules From Warhammer Fantasy - The Dwarf Tavern (9th Age + 8th Ed Warhammer) - Bugmans Brewery - The Home for all Warhammer Dwarf Fans

3 Likes

Here is the original post. It doesn’t seem to have any other links or documents that I can see but I’m not familiar with how the old forum worked. Maybe someone else can suss it out? I’ve managed to come up with a workable table for unit profiles in Google Docs but it doesn’t attempt to recreate the exact army book style.

3 Likes

Yeah, same here. I have a word document to have the profile and rules for a single unit, like something forgeworld would do for their models, but it doesn’t look like an army book and/or a complete army list.

I guess Matthias Eliasson should have a great template :sweat_smile:

Yep been down the WAP template route, I can’t remember the details but it was a dead end.

I did learn however that WAP is all made using MS Word, which is interesting.

I still have admin status on CDO and can confirm that the original link and the one archived are the entirety of the post. There’s no hidden text fields or broken links that are being filtered out. Very odd that there’s no document(s), unless Thommy removed them at some point after the initial posting.

~N

Edit: I also checked the WayBackMachine but that particular post was not ever archived. I also backed up the old site several times and searched through what I had, but no dice. I also searched for attachments but there were no document templates.

2 Likes

I’d guess that they were added as attachments, and have since been removed.

1 Like

Without ever having seen the original template, formatting something complex such as a rule book in Word sounds like a proper nightmare and will never look as good as the original. Any particular reason that you have abandoned that typesetting software you mentioned in another thread?

Scribus is what I was using, and its issue was that I couldn’t make it anchor tables to places in text.

Its tables were also a bit of a pain to work with in general as well.

So every time a unit profile would be mixed in alongside text, if I changed the text I would have to manually reposition the table.

1 Like