Artisan's Contest XXX: Juggernaut

“Push! Push!”

Titan Wargames Presents: The 30th Artisan’s Contest on Chaos Dwarfs Online!

This contest has been sponsored by Titan Wargames! The gold winner will receive a pyromancer , courtesy of @Baggronor:

The silver winner will carry home an Enslaved Elf of Ancient Times from Admiralty Miniatures:

While the bronze winner will receive a kit of 15mm Tjubling Fireguard Command from @Tjub and Admiralty Miniatures:

Subject Matter: Juggernaut!

For this contest we want you to enter something to do with one or more mobile fighting platform(s) of Chaos Dwarfs (or their lackeys and creations). This could e.g. be a siege tower, Juggernaut, a walking tower, a monster crowned by a howdah, a shackled Daemon topped with a platform, or something else entirely. Let your imagination run wild and be welcome to surprise us all with weird interpretations!

A few inspirational pieces:

Summary

One or more models and/or terrain pieces; as ever, you yourself set the upper limit. You may of course include non-Chaos Dwarf models and/or terrain pieces, such as enemies fighting your visionary Dawi Zharr. Build a diorama if you like!

If you are unsure if your entry will fit the subject matter, please contact @Admiral and he’ll sort it out with the rest of the Staff.

Basing is unrestricted and up to your discretion. You may include plinths and display bases if you want. You may include fancy backgrounds. We want to encourage the creation of beautiful models and modelling scenes, not hamper it.

Please note that we are currently allowing 3D-sculpt files (i.e. the digital sculpt, not the physical print) in Artisan’s Contest, but not in the more painting-centred Golden Hat competition. We are likewiseallowing unpainted handsculpted miniatures. Artisan’s Contest has always been more about freewheeling creativity and experimentation. Do note, however, that the lack of physical prints and paintjobs is sure to hamper any entry from gaining votes.

Specifics
Subject: Chaos Dwarf Juggernaut
Bases: Up to your discretion.
The Due Date: 11:59 PM August 29th, 2020 EST (Eastern Time Zone)

Please read the full rules that apply to the Artisan’s Contests before submitting your entry.

Submission
All entries must be sent either to the @GoldenHat account and/or to chaosdwarfsonline ( at ) gmail.com no later than the due date. (Entrants have approximately 8 weeks to complete entries). If for some reason you are having trouble with your submission, contact @Admiral. In order to avoid problems, entrants should not wait until the last minute to submit their entries.

How to Enter
Upload up to 4 photos of your entries to the Internet, e.g. with Imgur or with this forum’s direct upload function. Photos may not have additional text or items/models unrelated to your entry. Next, send a PM to @GoldenHat (a special user that all Staff have access to) containing the links where the pictures can be found. (Note: This is the same as previous contests).

If you win:

• Walk across the backs of the cowed masses you have scorned and pushed aside, in order to take your place at the top in the vaunted Artisan’s Contest Gallery.
  • Receive the Artisan’s Contest medal for your online persona (when medals are fully implemented).
  • Win miniatures! See above for details.

Once all entries are received a thread will be created for voting and determining the winners!

If there are any questions it is best post them here so that everyone can benefit from any details or clarifications that may arise.

Should you wish to donate a prize to the contest, please PM @Admiral and he will sort it out with you and the Staff.

Good luck everyone!

6 Likes

Fascinating concept…:thinking:

I shall begin considering what to do with this immediately :smiley:

1 Like

Uh oh… :thinking:. Hmm… build it, or come up with something else?

Hmm… I’ll have to stew on this one. Would certainly be a fun project

1 Like

Cool, will have to give this a go in 15mm… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Very cool contest! I’m just converting my vanilla dwarf warwagon. Since I’ve almost finished posting it, it’s out of the AC But that doesn’t mean that I will build another model, because a chaos dwarf doesn’t have enough war machines … only what is it going to be?

2 Likes

I’ve got an idea that I’ve been wanting to do for a while - hope it’s allowed

3 Likes

So…many…possibilities.

1 Like

All praise Hashut for this new task!

I have some ideas but my faithful servant Igor has doubts. Still, nothing that explanation, discussion, lively academic debate and hot irons can’t resolve.

4 Likes

This a very cool idea for a competition, these entries may be some of the best we’ve ever had with a theme like this one

4 Likes

I hope to enter. Contribute to my 1st còmpetition. If i do anything, you can bet it’ll be bright coloured if nothing else

7 Likes

So… I have a rough idea what I’m going to build. The first models are ordered, tomorrow to the hardware store and then we can start! :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

This is a great theme…I absolutely love the history of siege warfare.
So many concepts that could be done, and after much thought and rough sketching on restaurant napkins, I’ve finally decided on a single idea (although it combines two ideas into one).
I’m really looking forward to seeing what everyone else comes up with :+1:

2 Likes

Ive already managed to sketch 4-5 different concepts… Its a challenge to make something thats cool and still usable within the Abyssal Dwarf army for KoW. My plans so far have been too big I fear… :stuck_out_tongue:

Can always use it as a terrain piece or objective.

1 Like

I started working on my idea today… it looks different than on the sketch, but so far it looks okay. Let’s see how it will turn out!

1 Like

Have gone through the elation and wild delirious plans stage,
and the why am I doing this depression stage and I’m back to the
bugger it I’ll do it anyway stage of resolution.

But I cannot do a Juggernaut because …
Juggernaut 25Nov13 02

And I cannot do a Siege Giant because …
GH 21 GS Giant 3

And I cannot do a Elephant with a Howdah because …
GH22 FPn 5

so I really just wish they wouldn’t say let my imagination run wild.

10 Likes

I guess you could do a steam powered juggarnaught? Or some variation on a battering ram with a few crossbowmen on top, or some variation on the chaos war altar with chaos dwarfs .
Love your juggernaught btw :slight_smile:
Good job

3 Likes

I see it like Zoddtheimmortal, just vary the already existing model.

That’s what I will do, because at the end of the day I have everything in the 9th Age list already in my showcase.

But what the hell … ?! :o)

3 Likes

You could do a steam powered elephant
pushing a gigantic juggernaut which
provides a firing platform for a giant
Carrying chaos dwarfs.

Whatever you do I am sure it will be good.

6 Likes