Artisan's Contest XXX: Juggernaut

@Admiral. Sorry to hear mate. Scary stuff these bugs, as a Paramedic I cannot see much end to it for this year… I have an Mum-in-law recovering from double mastectomy and had to go stay with her for the past two weeks so I could take her partner to and fro for doctors appointments and cancer surgery. The man is a legend, he’s a triple amputee from Vietnam (took a hit from an RPG).

1 Like

So a few extra weeks is okay with me.
I’ll probably need it too.

@Admiral:
Also from my side a deepest sorrow for your losses.

Since I sent my entry yesterday, I personally don’t need any more time, but I don’t have a problem with the time for the AC being extended.

1 Like

Very sorry to hear that @Admiral, sudden losses like that can shake one to the core.

As for an extension, I haven’t had a chance to even begin, and was just about to conclude that I was sitting this one out. No guarantee, but perhaps with an extension, I will manage to get something put together and entered.

3 Likes

I’m in a similar position to @Jackswift - if there’s a bit more time I’m more likely to have something to show. I scrapped my original idea but I’ve got an old half finished project I might be able to finish. At a push it meets the criteria - with a bit of imagination applied haha.

Also @Admiral really sorry to hear about this man. We’ve had a bit of that in my circle this month. Again not virus related - just random tragedies.

Look after yourself mate.

Thank you most kindly, folks. I appreciate it a lot. Really sad to hear about your losses as well, @Oxymandias, please take care and look after yourself and your loved ones. Two out of three deaths here came like lightning from a clear sky, since both were strong and healthy.

Deadline changed to 28th of August, with fingers crossed for some extra entries making their way by then. Best of luck!

5 Likes

Cheers admiral. The missing bits i need arrived in post today but in my eagerness to make the bits fit i stuck a scalpel under my thumb nail-i dont recommend that one!

Ill definitely get mine in by the deadline now : )

3 Likes

@Zoddtheimmortal Yep, scalpels under the nail are not fun, I also don’t recommend drills and shards of wood.

Finally got some paint on my entry. Yet again, I’ve coughed on it, sneezed on it and bleed on it. There is some connection between these big contests and disease. This last head cold lasted 5 weeks.

2 Likes

It sounds like Nurgle and Khorne are out to get you, @Abecedar. Stay true to Hashut. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

How’s everyone getting on?

1 Like

One model away from done to reckon

Gonna try to knock it out tonight

3 Likes

Glad i finished mine a few days back. Biggest painting/ building endeavor ever. Its a relief to paint single chaos dwarfs again. Looking forward to seeing all your entries :slight_smile:

4 Likes

That sounds as if my entry once again doesn’t have the slightest chance of winning … ! ;o)

I was thinking about you (zanko) and abecedar doing several different versions of juggernaught when i said that, your efforts have to be commended, its definitely not for the feint-hearted! My previous biggest model was the arachnarok. I remember the ogre iron blaster also taking forever to finish.

3 Likes

I’m doing a classic me on this project. Last minute rush. Most likely gonna hand in my pics on the 28th at this rate :see_no_evil:

Just like I was at school with deadlines haha :joy:

3 Likes

That’s what deadlines are for, lol.

I’m suffering painters burnout - finding it really hard to even paint the base colours - I’ll probably have something to enter but I don’t think there will be much detail in it as it’s so hard to get motivated atm - sorry to hear about the loss of love ones Hope everyone can keep safe the best they can during these times - looking forward to see what’s been painted this time around

1 Like

Oh It Be-Hooves me to say that I am Dedicated, Beholden, Besotted, Indebted, Indentured and Despairing loyal to Hashut.
When my troops travel they just love to share. In the words of the famous Fannybaws - Plundering, Pillaging and spreading Disease!

4 Likes

So close to finishing :see_no_evil:

I will get it in before sundown :see_no_evil::see_no_evil::see_no_evil::see_no_evil:

3 Likes

My entry is in - I like the layout but unhappy with the base and rushed paint job - but I made the deadline haha

4 Likes