War Against The Gray [BATG 2022 overview thread]

Here’s mine:

4 Likes

I`m in!

4 Likes

That’s it, it’s all downhill for me from here…

7 Likes

Hello all,
An idea I submitted on Discord for the BATG:
> What if you create an offshore (we talk about plastic at gold price) miniature painting company, which of you are the sole owner. You transfer it some of your money for a start.
> This company buys your unpainted miniatures, so they are deducted from your grey pile, and you buy them back once they are painted by the owner of the company (you).
> This way, you only own painted miniatures, and you have assets in a company that paints miniatures and happens to have some stock of grey miniatures.
> I’m sure some people around here (such as Chitzkoi) would be competent to do that. Regarding your conscience, well, some people hide their money from taxes and believe it’s OK, are you ready to hide your grey miniatures and truly believe they belong to the company ?

That’s my best chance to end up positive in 2022 (2023 is a better target for me). Another chance for me would be to exploit another loophole: to buy plenty of miniatures “shares” in 2021, then sell enough the following years to compensate for the physical miniatures I acquire in that time.

10 Likes

Great idea! As well as chipping away at the grey, this will remind me to contribute more to this wonderful forum. What a lovely slice of the Internet it is. Merry Christmas all.

Roll For Wounds paints his Goons

7 Likes

I’m in. I’ve also stolen the :arrow_up: and :arrow_down: trick for my tally.

Here’s the thread:

6 Likes

Ah a fellow post reserver. Welcome Grey Sword FuzzyDoom

3 Likes

This is a work of genius. I don’t buy my miniatures, I lease them from the shell company for a monthly fee that I write off as a business expense.

7 Likes
6 Likes

And I’m in!

6 Likes

I’m in and my wife says she loves you!

[Freakshow Refuses to Grow Old Gracefully (BATG 2022)]

7 Likes

Yay I’ve been looking for a way to document my productivity ;p

Lets hope I don’t add too much unpainted stuff during the holidays…

3 Likes

Starts in January mate! So feel free to ignore the Xmas presents haha

2 Likes

So much wholesome energy on this thread! Keep it up lads, I’m deeply tempted to run a monthly league table for the community…

6 Likes

Haha I’m the least competitive person I know but…hell yeah. I’m gonna smash all you losers hahaha

In all seriousness - good motivator!

3 Likes

Can’t believe how many have signed up to this!!! This is brilliant!

2 Likes

SPORTS! STATISTICS! Blargh!

Let there be graphs!
:batg3::chart_with_downwards_trend:

3 Likes

@Oxymandias all the streaking grime in the world doesn’t give you the goblins to take me on boy

4 Likes

Mine’s here BATG 2022

4 Likes

It has begun!

… and if you know my painting habits but are still determined to follow my BATG, I suppose you have the same tastes in entertainment as Alastor :tonguewink:

7 Likes