War Against The Gray [BATG 2022 overview thread]

So much wholesome energy on this thread! Keep it up lads, I’m deeply tempted to run a monthly league table for the community…

6 Likes

Haha I’m the least competitive person I know but…hell yeah. I’m gonna smash all you losers hahaha

In all seriousness - good motivator!

3 Likes

Can’t believe how many have signed up to this!!! This is brilliant!

2 Likes

SPORTS! STATISTICS! Blargh!

Let there be graphs!
:batg3::chart_with_downwards_trend:

3 Likes

@Oxymandias all the streaking grime in the world doesn’t give you the goblins to take me on boy

4 Likes

Mine’s here BATG 2022

4 Likes

It has begun!

… and if you know my painting habits but are still determined to follow my BATG, I suppose you have the same tastes in entertainment as Alastor :tonguewink:

7 Likes

This may sound strange - anyone else collecting more minis lately than normal with thoughts of BOTG 2022? Feel like I’m pigging out before the big weigh-in for a weight loss challenge.
:hat8:

6 Likes

100% many of us have done this.

5 Likes

Still thinking about getting the blood bowl starter box before New Year’s, so…

2 Likes

I ordered a silly number the other day then realised they were going to turn up well into the new year. I’m not good at this. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I have done mine at the charge of the credit card timestamp. Mostly due to kickstarters, I want to feel that bulk shame instantly and maybe bully myself out of more purchases.

This holds some risk if the Kickstarter doesn’t deliver of course. But… I am trying to force the immediate pain instead of nuking batg a year or two down the line.

6 Likes

I‘ll do it like this as well, time of purchase counts, not time of delivery. In my mind, when I bought something I immediately added to the pile.

But it’s like @MichaelX already said a few times: with all these deliberations, it doesn’t really matter, as long as you treat “Ins” and “Outs” the same. When does a model count, can it be half-painted / primed / etc, is a war machine one model or four, all of it. And the second aspect, which might even be more important, also bears repeating: idea and goal of the batg is to get all of us to paint more, to make a dent in our combined pile of shame. Finding loopholes in the minutiae of the loosely formulated ruleset is against our own interests :smiley:

9 Likes

I painted some stuff today and kept thinking “maybe I should leave this until January? … NAH!”

2 Likes

That’s the spirit!

1 Like

Haha, when you start to fool yourself with BATG you have bigger issues… :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I am in officially. Just created the thread:
Jackswift Surfing the Grey Tide [BATG 2022]

5 Likes

Hooray! It’s interesting how you’ve broken it down to count large projects and rework/repainting.

1 Like

I figure counting everything I work on give me a better metric on overall progress, and will be even more motivating.

2 Likes

I guess a lot of us should crush this at cruising speed

6 Likes