War Against The Gray [BATG 2022 overview thread]

I have done mine at the charge of the credit card timestamp. Mostly due to kickstarters, I want to feel that bulk shame instantly and maybe bully myself out of more purchases.

This holds some risk if the Kickstarter doesn’t deliver of course. But… I am trying to force the immediate pain instead of nuking batg a year or two down the line.

6 Likes

I‘ll do it like this as well, time of purchase counts, not time of delivery. In my mind, when I bought something I immediately added to the pile.

But it’s like @MichaelX already said a few times: with all these deliberations, it doesn’t really matter, as long as you treat “Ins” and “Outs” the same. When does a model count, can it be half-painted / primed / etc, is a war machine one model or four, all of it. And the second aspect, which might even be more important, also bears repeating: idea and goal of the batg is to get all of us to paint more, to make a dent in our combined pile of shame. Finding loopholes in the minutiae of the loosely formulated ruleset is against our own interests :smiley:

9 Likes

I painted some stuff today and kept thinking “maybe I should leave this until January? … NAH!”

2 Likes

That’s the spirit!

1 Like

Haha, when you start to fool yourself with BATG you have bigger issues… :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I am in officially. Just created the thread:
Jackswift Surfing the Grey Tide [BATG 2022]

5 Likes

Hooray! It’s interesting how you’ve broken it down to count large projects and rework/repainting.

1 Like

I figure counting everything I work on give me a better metric on overall progress, and will be even more motivating.

2 Likes

I guess a lot of us should crush this at cruising speed

6 Likes

Few days late, but on board now:

5 Likes

I’m in.

1 Like

I renamed the tread to War against the gray, as we are so numerous now it should be a war not a battle!

2 Likes

Maybe at the end of the year we do a community tally to umm… make some of us feel better or maybe even worse :cd1990gif:

3 Likes

I think @chitzkoi has plans to graph these quarterly

:cry: :batg1:

4 Likes

Monthly!!

5 Likes

As of now you can all mention the @BATG_Warriors group to notify everyone competing in the BATG 2022 you are doing better, or worse then them.

If anyone is missing or something, give me or any staf member a shout.

6 Likes

Alright @BATG_Warriors ! January is running out fast! I will be making a graph comparing everyone’s performance on the 30th, basing your score on the most recent post you made on your blog.

If you have not posted any update, you won’t appear.

So. Keep posting and painting if you want to chart. And be honest about your new additions. I’ve added more than I expected this month, I’d be sweating if I didn’t have the goblins up my baggy sleeve…

10 Likes

Yes sir! I had a mind to update this weekend. Slow and steady, slow and steady.

3 Likes

Very slow and steady for some of us. I will be happy if I can count a handful of models for the month… Which if I’m being honest is significantly more steady progress compared to usual.

4 Likes

So far, I’m on zero both in purchased and painted minis, so - no negative numbers, hooray! :smile: But who knows, I might still manage to earn a place in that graph by end of the month.

3 Likes