Dragons are back in Warhammer

Interesting take, I love the idea of an intelligence behind these beasts, no quite sure it’s been come across that well in some of the face designs but hey, what do you guys think?

6 Likes

They seem too… Disney for me. I like that they are proper dragons but I’d have loved them to be a bit more grim looking. Not this cuddly cartoon style.

4 Likes

Actually, the facial expression is the only thing I dislike… they look like they are flirting

4 Likes

“Hey baby, I love how you ate that daemon… want to come to my cave after this for some realmgate and chill”

7 Likes

Their faces look like they were both modelled on Shere Khan from Disney’s Jungle Book.

Try unseeing that, I dare ya.

4 Likes

3 Likes

“Aqshyit! I forgot my ex’s realmgate password… Should I call him or are we just going to play Settlers of Chamon again…”

"Ulghhhhu, what a dragggg, he’s the worst ghyran I’ve ever met… I was really looking forward to watching the Witcherhunter or Avatar the Last Azyrbender… "

“Fine I’ll call him… Shyishh it’s ringing”

“Don’t you Hyshhhh me!”

Hello you’ve reached Kragnos, the one and only God of Earthquakes, King of the Andtor, Ruler of Ghur, Lord of the first Orruks, Regent of the Meatfist Mawpath, Protector of knotted rope and Slayer of Dragons…

4 Likes

The big positive I think @Oxymandias said last night, and I want to echo for our New Release loving chums, is that these are pretty much just MASSIVE DRAGONS.

They aren’t needlessly weird, they haven’t taken a single WHFB mini and TURNED IT UP TO ELEVEN!, they’ve just made some modern-GW-quality, characterful fantasy archetypes that - especially in the case of the one with the scar - wouldn’t look out of place on a D&D tabletop.

That’s a positive in my eyes, even if I doubt it portends much for the future.

5 Likes

Bigger n Bigger yet again

2 Likes

Disney is absolutely the feel I got too

Someone posted this…

But @Oxymandias made a good point, they are pretty standard, no high fantasy. Which helps bring the entire model range back a bit to the middle ground

13 Likes

Hilarious haha

1 Like

I’ve always been bothered by the number of limbs which dragons have in some franchises, and our favorite here isn’t an exception.

How did dragons develop six limbs? Are they insects?

2 Likes

I get it from an evolution point of view @Ihsan997 but without front arms surely it’s a wyvern? I know elder scrolls did a more believable thing with the front arms and wings being the same thing. But I think warhammer has already gone down the 6 limb route before now

3 Likes

Are we seriously suggesting everything else about the evolution of dragons makes sense, because even if it did, they didn’t evolve

You could say the same thing about centaurs. :wink:

1 Like

@Lord_of_Uzkulak you could say even more things about bat centaurs hahaha

3 Likes

Mind blown :exploding_head:

1 Like

They just look like cartoon dragons, the expressive talking mouth does it. Doesn’t look reptilian at all.

A wyvern is just a subrace of dragon, in olden days there wasn’t any distinction - all big winged lizards were dragons. Eastern dragons don’t even have wings. I guess when magical beasts are involved, the number of limbs is less dependent on how genetics works for us non-magical types.

3 Likes

Don’t know if anyone else is old enough to remember this but this was MY first thought:
220px-FlightofDragonsDVD

4 Likes

You know the nickname AOS players gave the wyvern is “the cabbage” because of how much that mini looks like a savoy cabbage in the suggested colour scheme

4 Likes