Dropper Bottles!

I’ve been exclusively painting with Wargames Army Painter paints for a while. But I miss certain GW paints, especially the old foundation paints, which seem to have been replaced by base paints.

So this was my first time moving GW paint into a dropper bottle.

I might have to get an off-white base paint as well… Hrm!

What are the paints you can’t do without?

2 Likes

Looks great! I really feel I should do that as well. Seems to be a great combination with a wet palette. What was your method of transfer? And does that not waste so much paint?

2 Likes

I guess it won’t waste more than gets stuck in the lid anyway… :joy:

1 Like

I’ve seen that someone sells a funnel made specifically for slowly draining a Citadel paint pot into the dropper style pots.

3 Likes

Valid point :joy:
And I don’t think I ever truly “emptied” a pot anyway. They always dried up before I could finish it…

2 Likes

Yeah, there are STLs (should really be called STC for Warhammer related stuff) for those funnels on thingyverse.
Alright, that settles it, I’m getting a 3D printer :+1:

1 Like

Yeah, likely some paint is wasted. But yeah, I rarely finish a paint pot unless it’s brown or a wash.

I was just putting directly, then using a brush to get any bonus I could that wasn’t draining via gravity. A specialized funnel would be neat to have!

1 Like

Would you say its worth it? And where did you get cheap but good bottles?

1 Like

I guess I’ll figure out if it is worth it over time. The bottles were empties from Army Painter washes that I cleaned with isopropyl alcohol.

1 Like

Emil from Age of Squidmar had an episode about transferring Citadel paints to dropper bottles. He gets his empty bottles from Wish. It’s also in this video he mentions the 3D-printable funnels for transfer.

funnel for paint transfer

2 Likes

Thanks, will have to look it up. Im a bit tempted, love GWs paints but hate the pots.

2 Likes