Dwerrow Zharr -13th Oct - Mini Magma

@tjub haha @MichaelX is referring to the fact that I just won about 200 of them on eBay. After selling the extra bits they came with they cost me 20 pounds (240 SEK/ 23 euro) - proper bargain.

If you want some goblins drop me a message bro. I’ll never paint them all hahah

They look like they could be used as ghouls too, in your colour scheme anyway. 10p a model…nice

You will be able to send them to their doom with reckless abandon on the table top in no time

1 Like

Yes it’s fitting isn’t it. Their lives are almost completely worthless @Zoddtheimmortal

As it should be haha

1 Like

As opposed to my previous favourite army- forest goblins. Id go to any cowardly lengths to save the little buggers from their doom. Hiding in forests or behind allies, i guess it was in character but also inherently wrong…haha

1 Like

Haha these will be sent to their deaths in their hundreds without a second thought.

But if a single dwarf dies…there will be retribution :anvil:

1 Like

Tiny little update: was on a hobby hangout call with some CDO homies the other day and needed to find a model that I could achieve something with in a small amount of time. This Minotaur, ogre, monster thing was nearest to hand.

What company makes him? No idea. Where did I get him from? eBay? I think? Haha.

He will serve as a dutiful unit filler to add to the barbarian ragtag look in trying to achieve here.

8 Likes

Wow these are amazing, this is going to be great sight to see all completed

1 Like

Chaos dwarf lord (name and narrative not yet decided) and some cannon fodder (goblin slaves) built

10 Likes

Are those shields pins? Awesome, that’s one of the best solutions for round shields I’ve seen ^^

3 Likes

Dang, you are cranking these out at such an incredible speed! And it all looks great as well… :hatoff:
Really like the more feral concept.

3 Likes

So I won this cool chaos dwarf model on eBay. Very cheap. This was the picture image

I thought he’d be perfect.

But then he arrived…

He’s absolutely massive! Taller than a stormcast eternal! Now bare in mind these oathmark dwarfs are almost a full head taller than most dwarf models.

So I had a plan

I decided to remove part of his legs (the easy bit) and part of his arm (the hard bit because it was attached to his cloak) in an effort to make him more dwarvish.

Here is the result of this :slight_smile:

He is still massive! But I think he looks a bit more like a dwarf. I’ve given him a man catcher…for mordheim reasons…

Also he isn’t taller than the general now

Because we wouldn’t have that now would we haha

10 Likes

Well done! Doesn’t look like he’s been kneecapped!

1 Like

I think the little armour plates made it really forgiving @MichaelX - makes it harder to see that his legs probably make no anatomical sense now hAha

Yeah that model was old school ogre size by the looks of it. I did get done over by size descrepancies with the minotaur centaur in the past. Nice cutting.

Those oathmarks could definitely be shrunk at the legs on future models to make them fit in with other brands if desired.

Your cd tribe is definitely a bunch of giants blood drinkers :cd1980:

Whether the cd is a hunchback or not makes a massive difference in height.

Human men prob vary from 5ft6 to 6ft 6 (10 stone to 20stone too)i guess so plenty of room for variance in cds too.

2 Likes

I’m just embracing the size discrepancies to be honest haha. If anyone asks - well these Guys have spent centuries in the chaos wastes. A little mutation is to be expected! Haha

2 Likes

Fine work on the resizing! That dude looked more like a Chaos Warrior than anything else next to the dwarf :smile: A good fit now. Some discrepancy in individual size is to be expected in any population, so in a way this is actually more immersive than all individuals in an army having exactly the same height and body build.

1 Like

Exquisite surgery. At those proportions, he fits right in with Geordi La Forgemaster!

1 Like

If I hadn’t already given him a name (which will be revealed upon painting) that would have been a front runner

Alas, my fleeting moments of punny genius are doomed to be too late to the party
:hat4: .
:cry0: .

Edit: not making fun of ol Geordi either. I’m very pro visor including on your dwarf.

1 Like

Ten more warriors join the warband

Plus a hero for my mordheim warband

13 Likes