EFD's "Night on Grey Mountain" [BATG2023]

For reasons that are mostly to do with undercoating, I’ve painted four more of my Devoted of Sigmar - this time, Crossbowmen (crossbow soldiers? They’ve got several Adepta Sororitas heads so aren’t all men).

The basecoat is Army Painter Uniform Grey, which serves fine as an undercoat and can be brushed on - which is useful because the weather is still too hot for spray cans and the garage is too overtaken with cardboard boxes for airbrushing!

I’ve almost completed my Nighthaunt, so it looks like this army will be 2023’s simple paint scheme collection for when I want some easy wins - only the skin and metals get a highlight, everything else is a single coat and then I let Seraphim Sepia do all the work.

The trouble will come when I need to build more of these guys, since I’ve discovered that Necromunda kits are a huge pain to convert, and I need to do quite a bit of cutting on these guys. That bridge can be crossed when it arrives, though. For now, that’s five models off the grey mountain!

BATG score: +5 :negative_squared_cross_mark:

4 Likes