EFD's "Night on Grey Mountain" [BATG2023]

Hobby Goals

GOAL NUMBER 1

Paint more than I buy!

While I never hit net zero on a month-by-month basis last year, I actually think I was doing alright for most of it. HeroQuest added over 100 models to the total, which ultimately probably shouldn’t have counted since I’ve decided not to paint them after all - but I decided to leave them in the count because they’d been such great motivation. Then Horus Heresy happened, and I fell in that hole hard, and I decided I needed to fill out my Imperial Guard army before the new Codex came out, and it all fell apart.

This year I must stand strong!

GOAL NUMBER 2

Paint more big stuff!

As I outlined in my conclusions from last year, I’m pretty okay at painting infantry. The vast majority of the models painted in 2022 were small-based models, which I guess is a natural consequence of collecting Astra Militarum and Gloomspite Gitz!

That being said, I have a pretty big backlog of larger models: tanks, monsters and terrain.

So, this year will be Year of the Tank (and monster) and I will strive to paint more of these larger models that have been collecting dust for far too long!

GOAL NUMBER 3

Paint more Chaos Dwarfs!

This is a Chaos Dwarf fan site, after all. If I’m not painting dwarfs, is it a bit weird to stick around? Honestly, it’s a great community and I enjoy hanging out here, and it’s not like I don’t love my little angry guys. So, here’s me stating that I want to add some more of my green-armoured, bearded lads to the “done” pile this year!

GOAL NUMBER 4

Don’t let the collection grow faster than storage allows.

This is just a reminder to myself to buy more figure cases, really. I was on track for a while but when I moved house last year there were a few models that had to be carried in the car. Never again!

GOAL NUMBER 5

Finish more projects!

There are multiple projects I barely touched last year, or had an initial flurry of activity and then abandoned. This year, I need to try to tame my hobby ADHD and EITHER limit the number of projects I work on at a given time, OR make them smaller with a finite end goal at the start. I guess I need to start thinking “a couple of units” rather than “a thousand points”!