EFD's "Night on Grey Mountain" [BATG2023]

Spurred on by the brief flirtation with single digits, I painted up five… dudes… last night.

Truly the kings of multi-purpose models, these kitbashed lads can serve as Imperial Guard in 40K, Imperial Militia Levies in 30k, and potentially Freeguild Riflemen in Age of Sigmar - note that I’ve painted all the bionics brown so I can say they’re wooden prosthetics!). I’ve desperately wanted rifle-armed flagellant units for ages and ages and using the Skitarii galvanic rifles has made it possible.

A lovely simple scheme, I start with a zenithal prime, and basically follow Oxymandias’ guide. The robes are Nighthaunt Gloom, the hair is Skrag Brown and the wood bits are Wyldwood but it’s the same principle. I got them done in about an hour!

I experimented with Army Painter Strong Tone as my final shade - since I’m not impressed with the new Agrax Earthshade formula. I’m not sure how I feel, it gives a much lighter finish but is also more tricky to work with. We’ll see how I go with the next 25 or so, I guess.

Five off the pile.

BATG score: +52 :negative_squared_cross_mark:

1 Like