EFD's "Night on Grey Mountain" [BATG2023]

Good news everyone - I’ve hit net zero!

The weather this week has been fantastic, so I’ve been sneaking in some priming whenever I can - six Leman Russ, five Crossbowmen and five Ratling snipers have gotten a layer of primer!

I also figured, while I had the ratlings out (the ones I bought this year) I should update my old unit as well. They are in my grey & red scheme from the early 2000s, but like my Cadians, they were never really polished up. Here’s what they looked like when I started:

Not much to write home about and very much unfinished, with no basing, messy metals and a lot of spots needing a good tidy.

Here’s what they look like after an evening’s love and attention:

Much better!

I filled in the base slots with greenstuff, stuck on a layer of sand and after that, Most of the work was just tidying up, putting on a second thin coat over most of the colours, and a bath in Agrax Earthshade. Now they match the style of my refurbished Cadian army.

I’ve started the second unit, and decided that I’ll paint them with a different approach that leans more into drybrush/contrast and see if I can get them done with a bit less work. Also, green hats. That way, if I decide to run both then I’ll be able to tell them apart!

Here’s the WIP shot:

Until then, I’ve managed to knock five more off the pile, bringing my bought & painted piles into equilibrium. Hooray!

I have a big bunch of stuff in the immediate queue, I have good priming weather to start getting ahead of it, and I’m not really feeling the pull of any new projects that would need me to add more to the pile (yet). We’ve got a window to get us a big lead before my eye wanders and I feel the pull of the new. I’d better take advantage while I can!

BATG score: 0 :white_check_mark:

3 Likes