EvilFuzzyDoom’s Devoted of Hashut

Woof, I’ve been sleeping on these guys a bit - although I’ve been keeping busy painting anything and everything else, I ran out of puff when faced with the next few items on the plate: there’s some big conversions that didn’t work out how I would have liked, I got COVID while preparing for the last Artisan’s Contest (I was going to finish my Bill Centaurs unit!) and the Hobgrots really knocked the wind out of my sails. This collection was starting to feel cursed!

But, I realised I was coming up to two hundred models painted for the year on my BATG thread so I decided I’d do something special!

I’ve finally painted the first Chaos Dwarf I built, right back at the start of this blog as a proof of concept. I have to say, I’m surprised how good it looks! I’d been staring at the undercoated model for ages thinking that the various places where the parts meet would stand out like a dog’s proverbial, but I can barely see them on the finished model. I tried to get the chaos symbol on the shield to look like forge-hot metal, and while its not perfect I’m not unhappy with it at all - not bad for launching in without a tutorial!

I also picked up Krookgrin from the Warhammer Underworlds box set, in case I want to run a hero with my Hobgrots.

Hopefully it’s not so long between drinks next time!

15 Likes