Filmdeg's blog [Table of contents in first post]

With all that said, here is the finished Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer on Lammasu! I’m pretty happy with it overall, its been a bit of a “journey” painting him. I actually painted the Lammasu itself maybe 2 years ago now? I spent ages on the face given its such a focal point of the model and at the time I was really happy with it. Now I look at it and in future might try sharpen it up a bit more and give it some more definition. I’m still happy with the white hair and fur - I wish I could remember exactly how I painted that aha. The rest of the body, particularly the wings, is a little basic but I don’t mind it so much.

The sorcerer mount I made an attempt at painting again about 2 years ago, but I really struggled with it. Originally I had the robes painted blue rather than red, but at the time I felt it became a bit too messy and clumpy, and ended up just stripping it and leaving it in my paint pile. Now I got to a point in the army where finishing the model would be the next logical step for gaming, I had another go. I’m really happy with the way the blues and yellows turned out and think they have quite a pop. The red robes I did struggle a bit with, particularly with mainting the definition on the model, but I think it works. The skin tone is very basic (P3 Midlund Flesh + P3 Flesh ink, repeated) but thats the same for all my CDs. Classic paper banners look nice, and overall I think it sits well in my army theme!

A close up of the star orb. A few days ago I was feeling really deflated and angry, it was nothing like that I wanted to achieve and it really upset me that I couldn’t do it. I wanted it to be the best it could be, and I couldn’t do it. My hands and knowledge and skills just aren’t up to the level of what I wanted that particular bit to be, and even after a few comments from people I was a bit :man_shrugging: :man_shrugging: - I ended up adding little specks of silver, and then just washing it again with a blue glaze. I look at it now and think “it doesn’t look amazing, but it doesn’t look too bad either” - if a stranger were to look at it and say it reminds them of a night starry sky, I’d settle for that aha.

I’m really looking forward to trying him in a game. I’m still a complete noob to playing actual games, in both the 6th edition games I’ve played I’ve fielded a lvl 2 sorcerer and really enjoyed that dynamic, so now being able to field a lvl 4 sorcerer will expand on that!

Praise Hashut! Father of Darkness!

10 Likes