Filmdeg's blog [Table of contents in first post]

“I stand here, atop the Ziggurat of Zharr-Naggrund, the Place of Fire and Desolation. From where I stand, I can gaze across the plains of Zharrduk, and what I see is pleasing to my eyes.
It is forever Dark under the sun here in the heart of the world. The smell of sulphur and of burning oil fills the air. The cracking of whips and the wailing of slaves drowns out the clatter of machinery.
This is the future. One day Hashut, the Father of Darkness, shall rise from his slumber, and trample the world beneath his brazen hooves. The dead shall outnumber the living, and those that remain shall be dragged in chains to the pits of Zharr to toil for the greater glory of Hashut.
And all will be blessed Darkness.”

Today I finished my Astragoth model! This is the first Chaos Dwarf I’ve painted in a few months now that I’ve finished painting the Hobgoblins. Given he’s a special character I really wanted to do him justice, and I struggled with it - there’s a lot of metallics on the model that I didn’t want to detract from the bold colour scheme. After a while tho I settled down and I’ve tried painting him to the best of my abilities. Overall I’m pretty happy with it, considering my doubt, I think I got a nice balance between the clothing and the metal framework. Sadly he doesn’t have any official rules in 6th so he’ll be used as a Sorcerer!

Praise Hashut! Father of Darkness!

12 Likes