Golden Hat XXXIV: Salty Seas

Finishing touches on my entry - can’t wait to see everyone’s efforts

2 Likes

Hope to finish my entry this weekend. I am immensely grateful for the extended deadline. :smile: Looking forward to seeing everyone‘s works!

2 Likes

Ha. Made lots of progress, but still a boatload :grin: to do starting to wonder if I will need to lobby for an extended, extended deadline… :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:. Will keep on pushing toward the finish line.

Sure open to extend some more if people want it. This is all for your sake. :slight_smile:

Show of hands?

One thing which running contests for years on end has made clear, is that our usual 1 month deadline was too short. People often ordered stuff, waiting for delivery, and then found the deadline too restricted together with real life stuff. Many fantastic projects were never entered, but revealed sometime later after the contest because folks couldn’t find the time.

I’ve no idea what an ideal deadline could be. It’s all experimentation.

2 Likes

:raised_hand:

1 Like

An extended deadline for me is not necessary, but I wouldn’t object to an extension either. During these time anything goes, and if people are working on entries its fine by me. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It’s a Yea from me. I still hope to be done in time, but I won’t be robbed of the opportunity to see some great entries because of a few days. Besides, whoever is going to win will enjoy an even sweeter victory if competition has been abundant! :smile:

3 Likes

Roger that. New deadline set to June the 4th. Make the most of it, folks. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

My entry is finished and so will be submitting when I take some decent photos

5 Likes

More time = more entries. I’m all for that.

3 Likes

Right, finally started to work started on my entry… Better not wait too long. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Hanging out to see what everyone has done - Counting down the days and you’ve done it to me again lol - ahhhhhhhhh :slight_smile:

5 Likes

A temporary relocation will probably take me away from painting for a bit. But this week I’ll enter what I have and join in on the countdown to see what you all brew up, can’t wait! In the meantime I can hopefully take some tools with me to convert leftover ideas

4 Likes

Entry submitted good luck everyone

4 Likes

Same here!

2 Likes

I’ll probably need some more time, it’s more complicated than I thought. But there is still some time left!

2 Likes

Thanks for the deadline extension @Admiral - not because I’ve run out of materials - just that I’m rubbish at finishing projects I start :joy:

1 Like

I can understand that for sure. Although by my estimation @Oxymandias you seem to also finish a lot of projects, so you must start a veritable frigate-load, nay… a battleship-load!

3 Likes

@Reaver - I’m terrible for having at least 4-5 armies or warbands being built at a time :joy:

It means I’m never stuck for something to do - I just flit between em to stay motivated.

I do finish projects…eventually…xD

4 Likes

And finally entered one of these on time!

I’d say a 2 week extension if people are having troubles with coronavirus is not unreasonable.

8 Likes