Golden Hat XXXV: Chaos Dwarf Warriors

And to add insult to injury, i pinched the palm of my hand closing the lid of a bitz box, with this as the result

And yes those are 1/4" cracks in the floor boards

Oh man… last week i spilled a full brand new bottle of contrast paint. The day after… I spilled another, in exactly the same way.

Man i felt stupid.

I know your pain :relaxed:

1 Like

Awful man - really random tip. Always keep a syringe on your work station. Not the sharp kind obviously! . I use the kind that come with baby bottles of medicine.

When I have spillages now due to combination or clumsiness and poorly designed bottles - I can normally save most of it. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah, I had one of those dropper things with a rubber top… no clue what it’s called. But it was everywhere :rofl: not much to be saved.

The day after I transferred all gw contrast and washes to large dropper bottles. Even if they fall they barely spill any. Much better :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I feel your pain, I’m in an old house with the same problem and often joke about how 40% of my hobby time is spent searching for that one critical bit I dropped on the floor. Quite literally winced looking at that picture.

edit: Maybe I should just hobby on the floor so they don’t have as far to fall, although I’m sure I’d still end up clipping things off to oblivion anyway.

3 Likes

It was only after the first aid was done that I wondered where the hell the piece I was drilling went. I could see the track in my thumb where the drill went in and measured it at 9mm

1 Like

Auch… lucky it didn’t snap off in your finger!

2 Likes

Thought I’d give this one a pass, but I’ve had a fun idea and got almost all the necessary materials at home, so here we go! :slightly_smiling_face:

@Abecedar Sorry to hear about your accident! I hope that your thumb’s coming along well and that no very important bitz have fallen prey to the floor’s hunger.

4 Likes

My entry is in folks

Had something very fancy planned but I’m moving house this month and having to pack everything up.

I probably could have made the deadline with my original idea but don’t wanna stress myself out.

So I’ve entered something that’s passable haha.

Looking forward to seeing what everyone else comes up with :smiley:

5 Likes

You almost made me crap my pants thinking the due date was almost here :rofl:

Good luck packing, moving and unpacking! Hope all get to the new house in one piece!

2 Likes

Yeah sorry @MichaelX - I’ve been that kid who everyone hates handing in their homework early haven’t I? Bloody teachers pet haha

You have no idea how much anxiety I have about transporting my painted armies…

Chaos dwarfs, slaves to darkness, romans, space orks, imperial guard, Lizardmen and more

All with little bendy spears, unvarnished bodies and just asking to be destroyed.

9th of October is D-day. If the boxes get dropped - you’ll never hear from me again and can assume I’ve slipped into a deep depression and self imposed exile.

1 Like

How much of it is in storage boxes? I hope a lot!

I hope it’s going fine for everyone. :slight_smile:

Please get loads of plastic bubble wrap, @Oxymandias! Even fragile miniatures packed thoroughly in a lot of plastic bubble wrap will withstand multiple box drops.

I’ve sent out a few hundred orders in envelopes (not even boxes), almost all in a few rounds of plastic bubble wrap. I can only recall one single instance of damage in transit being reported by a customer, to a resin boat’s chimney. Plastic bubble wrapped miniatures in boxes (with foam at the walls?) should be even more resistant. Miracle material in my book.

1 Like

Glad you’ve said that @Admiral cos I’ve got a ridiculous amount of bubble wrap arriving today for this purpose! Haha

2 Likes

Currently? None :see_no_evil::see_no_evil::see_no_evil::see_no_evil:

All in display cases but getting boxed up this weekend

1 Like

Don’t forget to offer up a sacrifice to Hashut. Mount the pyre with offerings, such as salami and chili hot dogs! :wink:

1 Like

“Ah, my Lord Oxymandias. Such a pleasure to meet you. I heard that the council of High Priests singled you out for especial praise with regard to the swift manner in which you executed Hashut’s will on your latest mission, making the rest of us resemble - and I am told these were Lord Astragoth’s exact words - a sad bunch of mere scrubs. I give you joy of your triumph. But now, I must take my leave. I have an appointment with my hobgoblin as…cough…sistant, about an entirely unrelated matter.” :stuck_out_tongue:

And in all seriousness, get your minis across safely! :+1:

3 Likes

After a paint-intensive weekend I have almost finished my entrance. Let’s see what else I can do! :wink:

6 Likes

Nice one @Zanko!

1 Like

Many entries in yet?