Golden Hat XXXVIII: Open Theme

So I have come up with 3 ideas thus far. 1 is utterly ridiculous (but hey, I have pulled that off on occasion, and would be a fun undertaking; though not sure if I would get it done), 2 is still slightly ridiculous and only peripherally CD related (but would get paint on a great model I have had for years; an excuse to do it in and of itself), and 3 is minimally ridiculous, but would definitely require a solid amount of sculpting… which I am due to try my hand at)…

Really not sure which way I am going to go… but I better get started as none of these are short term projects.

2 Likes

Do all 3 ! ; )

Day and night, get her done

3 Likes

A worthy idea. :wink: Just hard enough to get four good photos of a single model, let alone trying to photograph multiple very different models in each photo.

2 Likes

Fuggit, I was just made aware of your hammer of Hashut model and I gotta say it’s one of my favorites on CDO! I can’t wait to see what you’ll do next!

4 Likes

The furious storm of creativity this is going to unleash puts my anticipation at max and my chances of winning at min. But hey - Participating is everything!

3 Likes

Participation gives you 2 5 or so chances at winning a prize!

3 Likes

Damn I realised I made a mistake while printing the model, gotta redo it. 10 more hours and hope my friend will be able to print it asap

4 Likes

Time to rummage through the attic and see if I can find all the bits I’m going to need.

10 Likes

Me and my brother cooked up a… strange idea. I’ll try to enter this one. :smiley:

Also, the picture of @Zanko 's random draw prize has been updated: The model up for grabs is the version with a tentacle instead of a regular hand. Thanks to @Clam for observing it.

8 Likes

Yes! Do it!

1 Like

@Admiral - well, it was the original one I have had made for our Brush Slave League, years ago - and found it most appropriated given to a participant of this awesome comp . :smiley: John Pickford converted it into an ordinary Ewal Dvergr, later on. That version will be made available through OSM during 2022, I hope.

6 Likes

Wow, looks who’s there :slight_smile:

How are you mate!?

3 Likes

Hello my friend! :hatoff: Nice to get a sign of life from you again! I hope you and your family are well and that you are all healthy! :+1: Maybe we’ll hear from you more often now! :wink:

2 Likes

Having a tricky time redacted my redacted to the redacted. Well worth seeing the redacted perched atop the redacted though. Also, Chaos Dwarf.

7 Likes

Finally got the build to a point that I’m (almost) happy with, now I need to get some paint on the bugger.

3 Likes

Imb failing it hard. Might even not be able to enter because the model is giving my so many problems that I might need to restart it over.
I’d rather just not enter at that point X.X

Nooooooo

No, you can do it.

Remember, another would ascend your throne and receive your slaves.

4 Likes

We believe in you, @Loidrial !

And remember: Something small in scope will always suffice as a backup plan.

My build is progressing. It’s rather… out of the ordinary.

6 Likes

:shock: You??? making something out of the ordinary… so… its a plain old safe for work model? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Yes! But not necessarily safe for a great many CDO members. :smiley:

That’s all the hints I can give.

2 Likes