Hobgoblins 9th age

Some more hobby and a finished BSB

13 Likes

What shields are you using? They look great

The shields are from the fireforge Mongol warriors box. I used the bodies with goblin wolf rider heads to make spear hobgoblins too

3 Likes

Indeed! Great looking Hobbs, like the horns on the standard as well… :slight_smile:

1 Like

And here is the mighty Hobgoblin Boss 2:

Love these old sculpts

3 Likes

here is the mighty one known to us classic hobgoblin collectors as Big Boss 2:ironhaiden666.blogspot.com/2021/05/hobgoblin-big-boss-2.html

11 Likes

The 9th age team including our own @Tyranno have done an amazing job on the hobgoblin book.
Check it out:

6 Likes

Some more hobgoblins

10 Likes

Interesting conversion with the abyssal dwarf and the goblin head. I think it works.

Those goblin heads pass for hobgoblin better than many hobgob models i think.

Have you seen the goblin characters by 4a miniatures?
A couple of them look like great hobbo characters. They are on ebay currently

Im considering this one myself. What do you think?

4 Likes

Not too bad at all get some and paint them up :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I am glad you pointed that out! At first I did not notice which is a great indicator of good work! Definitely are bad ass looking hobgob!

Thanks bro

Now I just need to hunt down some more mantic bros and more of those heads.
I reckon a unit of approx 30 with the drum gogyag will be a cool looking unit.

1 Like

Couple of new hobgoblins.
First is a muso conversion from a classic wolf rider who I picked up from extortionbay who was missing his axe.
Next are a couple of classic archers.

10 Likes

Thanks to the awesome @Fabelzel minis I have now converted 36 of his bros into halberd armed bad boys. Weapons come from chaos marauders and some skeleton kits.
Only 4 more and I have the max unit size of 40 in the also awesome hobgoblin 9th age auxiliary book

10 Likes

Oh, looks great so far! Cool work, but must be a pain to pin all those weapons… :dizzy_face:

1 Like

Thanks man it was quite cathartic and used up some of my bits box so thats a plus.
Here is the undercoated bros minis one who did not survive the travel outside

5 Likes

@IronHaiden these look amazing so far, nice printed indeed, good luck painting them and can’t wait for the final product

@Fabelzel :clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2: top of my list for the inevitable day I buy a 3D printer

3 Likes

Wow, I look forward to see @Fabelzel 's great Hobgoblins in your collection. Nice conversions!

2 Likes

Posted these on Facebook so apologies if you have already seen them.

11 Likes

Fabelzel models looks amazing as usual!! I’d love to see them close to classic hobbos, they probably fits even more than the dwarfs he made!

3 Likes