Hood's mixed chaos dwarfs

Hi there,
This topic is as a test and show some of my CD which do not belong to a big army.
It is also a test for my (hopefully) upcoming main army thread.

8 Likes

Nice painting and palette, there! Lovely basing and background images as always. Pyro Stick will love to see that paritcular model, hehe.

1 Like

I particularly like this model, as does your painting style. I’d love more!

Here are a few more :slight_smile: from the MM 90 set (already posted on the old cdo)

9 Likes

Love the multi-color palette. Gives these a great 3rd Ed. styling in line with the non-uniform sculpt variations. Well done!

2 Likes

Thank you @Jackswift , as I painted these guys I decided to give each one different base colors because of their unique appearance as you said. I´ll post the rest of the set the next days.

Indeed, great work! Love the varied colours and the muted highlights. A nod to Blue in VT (if I remember correctly)?

1 Like

Great job @TheHoodedMan, I also love how you’ve done a bright colour scheme that still looks bleak and dark enough to have come from the dark lands, no an easy task so very well done

1 Like

Thank you @Admiral and @GhraskDragh . yes, Chris is a great Inspiration and role model.

You can see his work here, I think he is no member here sadly.

https://bluesmarauders.blogspot.com/

The partially dark look of my MM90ies comes from three things from my point of view:

1. The metals are relatively dark and additionally dark washed.
  2. The bases are GW Dryad Bark and only highlighted with GW Ushabti Bone
  3. Most important: Although there are rather strong Colors used, the basecoating was black with only a little white fog.

He was on the old forum, hopefully we’ll see him return one day! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Here are the remaining 12 and a group shot.
I have only a few other painted CD which will follow soon :slight_smile:.

8 Likes

Thats a great unit you’ve got there. Truly inspirational, one day soon I’ll do 15mm versions of them. :slight_smile:

2 Likes