Kitbashcat's Evil Grumpy Shortbois

Ohhh I seee sorry I thought it was a conversion. That’s interesting, most folks round here doing AOS run Slaves or Cities. Have you run the skaven list much? How does it play for you?

2 Likes

I’ve not actually played any games with it - this is all very much the initial stages of planning, list building, and design. For a force that’s slave-heavy, I don’t know if I’ll win many games, but it’ll look great losing! :joy:

3 Likes

I’ve been putting together some masks, based on the ones the FW Infernal Guard wear. I’ve left them beardless, as I’m going to sculpt the beards with greenstuff.

I’m not 100% enamoured with them, and I can’t figure out exactly why. I sorta wish they were more in keeping with the visual aesthetic on the hobgrots - I think they’re too round maybe? Not dwarfy enough?

Answers on a postcard? x

9 Likes

I love those! They’d fit very well with the FW ones.

Mhm, I’m not sure, could it be that they seem to be just a tad too slim/tall for Dwarf heads? Might change with a beard, but from the helmets I would assume a human head underneath, while for me a Dwarf has a more broad head.

1 Like

These are great Cat. Would make amazing chaos dwarf conversions. Also would be cool for alt chaos warriors

2 Likes

They look great, I’m always trying to buy heads to convert all the different dwarfs I use in my army, gets v expensive.

My biggest issue with the chaos warrior heads I buy is they need to be a little wider. Dwarfs have wider heads than humans. Possibly squatter helmets too. If you can play with the dimensions slightly you could see if you prefer it

2 Likes

Sorry to be spamming so much folks!

So I’ve had a rethink and a redesign to try to capture more of the aesthetic of the hobgrot armour. It’s not very evil looking, per-se, but I think it says ‘dwarf’ more than the others did. It’s very much a direction not reflected in the current model ranges, either modern or oldhammer.

I think the suggestion from everybody to widen it is very sensible - this one’s a good bit wider than the others, and the proportions feel better.

8 Likes

The masks look very fitting! They remind me of GW’s Grimhammers, which I always thought would make for great chorfs were it not for the scale:

5 Likes

The heads and arms are like the oathmark heavy dwarf infantry

2 Likes

Been puzzling over what to do with my actual Dawi - it’s a bit crude, but hopefully it gets the point across. Fyreslayer bodies, with a lot of greenstuff to give them leather aprons that wrap into full skirts at the back, metal welding mask like the helcannon crew, and probably using the Fyreslayer weapons as well. Leaning more info the evil blacksmith look than the heavy armoured infantry look, as they largely be slave drivers and let the slaves do the real fighting.

warhammer-aos-bitz-fyreslayers-vulkite-berzerkers-torso-a-koerper-karl~2

11 Likes

These would be beserkers in wap 8th ed. I like the idea

2 Likes

@KitbashCat : Wow, marvellous firstarmy and display board! Lovely stuff all over, both as regard basing and paintjob and colour scheme, and customised conversions! Count me down as an avid fan of your gate and wall relief.

TallForADuardin does ring a bell. Best of luck building your second Dawi Zharr army! May you rampage gloriously through the realms.

Very nice 3D-sculpted parts so far! This progress will be one to savour.

@MichaelX : Speak for yourself, sir. I’ve never sold a single model from my collection. Hoarder syndrome. :tongue:

It’s infinitely preferable to sell off excess models than hoard every single thing. Me and my brother still needs to get around to sell off excess models from old starting kits, which we bought years ago with the aim to sell off the things we didn’t need.

Funding medication is a good reason to sell an army, even one as glorious as your first CD host, KitbashCat.

5 Likes

Maybe it is time to revisit your chaos dwarf army admiral? :thinking: maybe a few new additions, I think many of us would love to see it :cd1980: :smiley: :hob2:

5 Likes

Progress! The first batch of my hobgrot slaves (clanrats rules) survived being primed at way too cold and way too humid conditions yesterday. I think the shields fit in nicely, even if a few of the poses are a liiiitle janky. They’ll be lost in the sea of bitey stabby hobs hopefully. Once the Fyreslayers arrive I can get working on the command options. I need to redesign the heads though, they’re not printing nicely like I want, I’ll need to figure out why they’re defying me!

11 Likes

Sweet, look how well these shields fit! Very nice work, subtle and very effective.

2 Likes

Wow! :open_mouth: the flame visual effect is amazing! I would half expect to burn my hand touching those models! Love the fire spirits!

1 Like

Great shields, the fit nicely!

1 Like

These looks fantastic! The shields fit them perfectly :+1:t2:

1 Like

Thankyou for all the lovely comments so far folks! I’m really enjoying exploring this project and support is very much appreciated!

Thought I’d share a WIP of my first actual duardin - a slavedriver in a unit of hobgobbos (or a musician in a unit of clan rats, if you prefer!).

It’s a Fyreslayer at it’s core, with 3d printed parts and a lot of greenstuff. Please excuse the slightly potato quality of the photo - my phone doesn’t like macro much!

12 Likes

Looks very promising so far, a picture from the other side would be nice too by the way! :wink:

2 Likes