Legion of Jaskorh [2024-03-31]

How did it ruin it? Spray too close?

Its so shiny and i lost all the highlights. Idk if itll strip. Its been nearly 10yrs i guess

2 Likes

Before stripping it… try to coat it with Matt varnish first. It changes the looks a lot. If it still sucks, strip it anyway.

1 Like

Satin varnish is not matte varnish btw. Its between matte and gloss. Not the same

1 Like

There is a guy on cdo facebook sculpting amazing hobgoblins . The files are available for free. He has joined here i think, only a matter of time before he says hello. Maybe hold out for them until he finishes the regiment?

3 Likes

Yeah I am in no hurry to get Hobgoblins. I have lots of Night Goblins or Gnoblars I can use as stand-ins, and also I just like all the Dwarf units so much anyway :cd2000:

1 Like

Yeah he’s said hello now in the 3D stl files section :slight_smile:

And yes his hobgoblins are awesome. I’m seriously flirting with a rank flank hobgoblin army after my Romans depending on how many sculpts he can do :slight_smile:

4 Likes

What’s his name? I would like to get some proper hobgoblins going, I only have 3 of the original sneaky gits from 4th ed… I never really invested in them as they have always been expensive and I always saw the money better spent on Chaos Dwarfs and thus I have also used goblin, night goblin and gnoblar stand ins. But now I have this printer… I want some proper hobs :smiley: been gathering a few files but the more the merrier I always say! :wink:

1 Like

@Deebo His username is @Fabelzel :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ahhh yeah I did grab those already, very nice work and I would highly recommend them to anyone :hatoff:

2 Likes

That is one beautiful site :skull1:

2 Likes

Hi! I am sculpting the third one in these days :slight_smile: original hobgoblins are cool but so rare unfortunately…

5 Likes

I am looking forward to seeing your next one, the ones you have done so far are fantastic, thanks again for sharing your talents :hatoff:

2 Likes

Reinforcements from the forges of the Tower of Jaskorh have arrived. 30 Infernal Guard with Fireglaives to support the infantry backbone.

With my experience from the Hand Weapon and Shield unit I suspected that lining them up in a 3x10 horde would only work in this way, with the front row having the Fireglaives in both hands and the second and third rank have them up. Luckily I had enough parts to assemble them this way and they actually line up better than the Hand Weapon ones.

This is two big infantry units done. The remaining Infernal Guard will be converted to Great Weapons, but this is postponed for now. Up next will be a Special unit, not sure which one yet.

11 Likes

This is going to be an incredible force! out of curiosity, how did you make your movement trays

2 Likes

This will be a sight to behold @Jasko !

1 Like

They are pretty simple: It’s 1.5mm black plasticard cut to size (sum of bases +1cm in all dimensions) with a 3mm plasticard rim and a sheet of ferrofoil cut to size (just sum of bases) glued on top. All models are magnetised and will have a black painted base rim, so I wanted something as minimalistic as possible.
So, they work quite well, the plasticard rims don’t always look so nice (since I have to cut them and then just glue them on the base) but it’s tolerable.

5 Likes

Look good to me, especially with all the lovely FW minis lined up on them :metal:t2::vulcan_salute:t2:

3 Likes

Agreed, I like the minimal look, thanks for sharing @Jasko

1 Like

Magnetising all models from all my armies and putting them on movement trays was the single greatest decision for my wargaming-experience. I have them in their “default-units” (I usually field very similar units, something like 21 High Elf Archers etc) in boxes, but then have spare movement trays in various sizes to accommodate unusual army lists.
The storage boxes are also lined with ferrofoil, and larger magnets (I use 10x5) can attach to the movement trays through the plasticard from below (just need to have the right polarity, otherwise they catapult models from the movement trays), so the units are secured in the box and I can also reach under the trays with my fingers to get them out of the box. I’ve cut down my deployment time to basically nothing. And oh my god how often flimsy models like Silver Helms fell over, horrible. Never again without magnetised movement trays

3 Likes