Lost Legions of Karak Vlag [LLoKV] 2022NOV2

So why skaven? Based on the position of Karak Vlag, the most logical initial source of slaves was the nearby skaven clans that would have invaded the mountain shortly after Karak Vlag’s disappearance. Once the city and its now Hashut hat-loving followers returned it would make sense that they would take advantage of the immense potential for chaff.

Despite the fluff excuse, it’s obvious that it’s cause skaven are cheaper than hobbos.

I got these from @Reaver when a friend of his decided to get rid of his massive skaven army. So we split it into two like any allied Chaos Dawi would do. I got these and started trying to make them my own. Conversion-wise they are very vanilla. The only addition is the backpacks.

My logic was that my army is carried into battle by massive blimps. The Chaos Warfs themselves are the only ones that are “gently” placed onto the battlefield. The skaven units are not so lucky and have to jump to the ground wearing jetpacks and rebreathers. So, in order to translate the fluff into reality, I settled on plasticard backpacks and greenstuff tubing to go into their mouths.

This is the frontline chaff infantry, expendable beyond measure, with a couple of fillers units (mainly two rat ogres and a couple of two-rat teams to help fill the soul balloons)

The balloons are the collection location for the souls that will end up in the blimps and in the fireglaive unit rebreathers. I have two different siphoning units in the skaven unit, one here and the other as a one-rat unit

More work to follow, since the weapons are mostly not finished, and I need to paint in the level of each balloon on each unit. But here they are, for now:

5 Likes