Lost Legions of Karak Vlag [LLoKV] 2022NOV2

So the concept for my fireglaives mainly came out after the models, since I got so excited about getting two units of fireglaives off of an eBay auction on the cheap (and by that I mean $5 tops off of OG FW pricing pre-blowup) that I assmbled them and then realized that I wanted to convert them… but the ship had sailed. So now I have 1 or 2 units that comprise my firing line.

The concept behind them is that of those units that are too damaged to fight on the frontlines post chaos torture, and that can fight once fueled by the souls of the slayed. They all have rebreather packs that feed them souls to keep them going despite the fact that they should all be dead.

I made two units of filler. The first one, which can be seen above, is somewhat of a swivel deck gun. The firing lines (at least in the fluff) both chill on the blimps, enjoying some height advantage and protection from the railing.

This was from a resin printed kit that came in a goody bag that @Reaver sent me at some point, and for which I immediately knew its use.

The second was more of a challenge since I knew I wanted one for each 14-dawi squad. Since I had used the bodies of the remaining 10 fireglaives for the Immortals, I figured I had too many spare fireglaives to not use, so I made a little rack for them, and proceeded to use two unbased fireglaives to fill out the base.

Thus my infantry lines were complete, and with three different trays, I have a lot of added flexibility!

As with everything is my army, this is also WIP, with more detail painting to come (since I hate working on the small bits, it takes me ages to get any detail work done)

13 Likes