MichaelX's Pray the gray away! [BATG 2023]

With the skavenpaloosa over i feel kind of lost as to what to paint this year.

I’ll update this post in the following weeks!

Last BATG blog i did i had all the images in the first few replies and the tally was added as new replies. That became quite boring as we went along.

I like @Reavers idea of keeping score in the first reply and posting images as we go. Keeps the blog more interesting!

7 Likes

The Official Tally

Month :heavy_plus_sign: :heavy_minus_sign: :heavy_equals_sign:
Jan 31 65 -34
Feb 31 65 -34
Mar 57 67 -10
Apr 57 67 -10
May 61 67 -6
Jun 61 67 -6
Jul 61 72 -11
Aug 152 72 80
Sep 152 72 80
Oct 152 72 80
Nov 161 72 89
Dec 172 197 -25
5 Likes

Right-o,

Like last years batg i will do some random stuff in the first 2 or 3 months to cleanse the palette so to speak.

lets get this party started with a nice 11 pieces of terrain painted!

After i decided to make a Tyranid kill team!

that’s a hefty + 31 for now. Luckily i will be painting these as soon as i finish my gallowdark terrain (which i counted as 54 seperate pieces in batg 2022, so you can bet your ass i will count them as 54 when i paint them!)

More updates soonish i hope!

Oh… another big update… :smiley:

i bought a Elegoo saturn 2 printer. It’s buildplate is about 4 times the size of my current printer. I also stocked up on resin during the last black friday sales… Boy i hope i can keep my painting and printing in sync…

8 Likes

Finished gallowdark!

A cool -54 to January’s score!

13 Likes

Perfect! now you can print that ogres army in February.

4 Likes

The final result with the weathering and detail looks awesome! It would be a blast to play on that table. Well done, and nice count for the BATG!

2 Likes

Looks great. The kind of table and terrain we all dream of playing on.

1 Like

Time to add march’s score

I aqquired a small tomb kings army and added some printed lost kingdom chariots! Put them all on prinyed bases (except for the swarms obv)

My characters!

Swarms

Bone giant (such a lovley iconic TK model)

Tomb scorpions

Carrion

And my lost kingdom chariots and kitbashed lord chariot

Thats a sweet +24!

6 Likes

Oh, and i forgot the 2 i couldn’t wait to paint!

9 Likes

Great haul! most excited for the bone giant obviously but nice work on those caskets!

2 Likes

Right… It’s been a while without updates because… well i didn’t do much painting and printing. At least not for myself.

I printed 2 of @Brawniac’s musicians to test the supports, but they will be added to the bighat army!
I also got 2 screaming skull catapults!
And the GH models, but ill add those next month.

4 Likes

New pics of the caskets, and new stuff!

10 Likes

goddam these pictures are good. all I can say is… MOAR

3 Likes

@Zanko “small” gift, how extremely welcome in the family, did a number on my batg…

+91… oof

6 Likes

40 skellie warriors, -40

5 Likes

Doing some book keeping made me realize i had forgotten to add some purchases of snails and mollusks, and a second smaller donation of dwarf lead from @Zanko

5 Likes

Another -38 for me!

6 Likes

3 Likes

Aaand back to negative score!

4 Likes

@Reaver thats -25… look at what you made me do… hope you’re happy…

4 Likes