My Giant

Hi All, new here and thanks for letting me join.

I thought you might like to see a giant I’ve been working on, which a few people have said would work well with Hobgoblins

Hope it’s ok to post, please let me know if I’m in the wrong place.

25 Likes

Exquisite sculpting! Marvellous giant. Top notch pose and detail level and design!

3 Likes

wow, must have been a mammoth task! Def some hobgob vibe going on there

4 Likes

He looks great! Truly a splendid piece of craftsmanship. Such fine details - I am especially impressed by the realistic look of the sewn-together cloth patches. I’m looking forward to seeing more of your sculpting work! :hatoff:

3 Likes

A more than impressive model, both in terms of sculpt and sheer size! :hatoff: Splendid! :+1:

3 Likes

Very hobgob in styling. Beautiful work on the details. Really like the face and fingernails, as well as the patchwork detail. Wonderful result.

2 Likes

Thanks for the kind words!

I’m working on a few other head and hands and this is off to be moulded next week :grin:

4 Likes

Very cool! His face reminds me of Hoggle a bit.

Are you going to cast this in metal?

2 Likes

That would be a HUGE chunk of metal!

2 Likes

Hi! This will be cast in Resin.

Would be a nightmare to spin cast in metal and even hollowed out would weigh several kilos!

It would end up costing hundreds of pounds and probably cost almost as much to post :wink:

Then you’d have to wrestle with huge chunks of metal that have warped a minuscule amount during the casting process… meaning they don’t really fit together…

You’d end up cursing me to the moon and back if I attempted to cast and sell this in metal! :joy:

4 Likes

I actually like working in metal… even on the big metal models (was the primary medium when I joined the hobby, and I’ve always been a conversion nut). That stated, I get your point :grin::+1:. Non hobgob heads? Where are you going to release this?

3 Likes

Hi! Sorry for the late reply… my bad…

I’m just finishing the moulds for this figure now. As soon as I’m happy with the casts I’ll be able to let you know more info.

Thanks again!

Adam

1 Like

Do you have a website or do you sell from etsy or something? I must know!

Hi all, sorry for the late reply.

Been very busy with lots of moulding.

The Giant is now available on Kickstarter:

www.kickstarter.com/projects/1771421656/goblins-and-giants

Thanks again for all the kind comments and interest.

5 Likes

Fantastic! reminds me of the old citadel giant, very awesome!

2 Likes

Thanks! I took inspiration from that great model :grinning::+1:

Some new hands have been added

11 Likes