Nergling's Gun Line

I painted a super wide background to use in multiple shots a few weeks ago during this pandemic thing, it measures 150x60cm. What you can see in the shots is about 1/3 of the width of it. I thought I would give it a quick run out with a few quick demo shots and see how it looks on camera. Turns out the block brown looks a bit shiny so I will go back over it with some textured paint to get rid of that and maybe put something in the foreground, that or some scenery like mangled trees to break up the background a bit. It’s my first time using a proper background so plenty to improve on!

7 Likes

Wow, such an atmosphere you created! This is simply a mazing… :exploding_head:

1 Like

I can only agree with Tjub, the atmosphere you created is very suitable and consistent! :japanese_ogre:

One question, why do you use hexagonal bases?

1 Like
  1. backdrop is amazing!
  2. triple ass cannon?! Awesome haha
  3. I also want to ask - is there a reason for hex bases? Not a bad thing btw- just not something I see very often :slight_smile:
2 Likes

Hexes make old miniatures look classy and give an old feel to newer sculpts.

3 Likes

Thanks! Hex makes my characters look jazzy, if they aren’t supposed to rank up then I stick em on a hex.

3 Likes

Brilliant backdrop and ass canon bonanza! Great army.

2 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

Hex bases are the best of all bases. The only thing that might be better is octagonal bases (since you have clear FOV, flank, front and rear right on the base)

But… back to the topic… I love the backdrop! I was considering doing something similar but it is still going trough the mill in my head. This is a good example to consider!

2 Likes

Can you give us a source on all the ass cannon variants? Looks like several!

1 Like

I have my 3 AssCannon variants from Sjoerdo, Atom Taylor (both members here at CDO) and from Old School Miniatures. Then of course there is the original AssCannon from GW and I still have the “Zonk” variant (transported on a lizard in my troop).

2 Likes

A Zonk asscannon @Zanko ?! A rare thing indeed.

Yeah I can see atom one and old school one here.

I will get a demon bumbard at some point for my new army. Too fun not to.

I painted that backdrop to cover an old wooden door, it’s huge! I hope to make some more use of it soon when I get my models back form my parents house where they are currently lingering in storage.

A classic asscannon, the Oldhammer variant and the Oldschool Miniatures variant.

Awesome!

It’s all about the ass…cannon!

2 Likes

Quote of the decade right there :cd1991gif:

2 Likes

Why isnt it called arse cannon? Where is the donkey?
My cannon didnt come with one…

2 Likes

Level 1) asscannon
Level 2) arsecannon
Level 99) bumbard

3 Likes

Level 100) analfissure

1 Like