New Mordheim Board

I’ve been really pants at uploading to this thread. Let’s fix that now.

Using blue XPS foam , Amera plastic mouldings single sheets, and tiny xps bricks I’ve built 6 modular boards. They are designed to fit together in any orientation. They are also designed to stack on top of each other for storage.

I’ve began populating it with shop bought ruins and 3D printed scatter.

And now it’s ready to be painted! My campaign starts in like 2 weeks although my first game is likely to be in theee+ weeks as I’m off getting married when the campaign starts. (I asked the other half and yes apparently it’s more important than mordheim) so I’ve got to get a wiggle on if I’m to finish on time! I may concentrate on just painting four boards so I’ve got a decent gaming surface and paint up two more at a leisurely pace afterwards.

12 Likes

wow that is starting to look amazing!

1 Like

the pink really matches your daughter. would play 11/10

1 Like

First bits of spray paint going on two of the boards

5 Likes

Very cool indeed! This is going to very epic when you complete it, already looks so good, really captures the Morheim feel, great work mate :hatoff: :beer:

Haha!! Time does have a ways of getting away from us!! I know the feels, got so much stuff to take pics of and share but always gets delayed

1 Like

Playing with resin water effects for the first time. It’s very scary just pouring it on!

10 Likes

:grimacing: indeed, know the feeling

The boards are looking amazing, incredible effort mate well done

2 Likes

Let us know how you get on with it, I’ve wanted to try it out myself for a while but never quite got round to taking the plunge.

1 Like

never used resin for the same reason. feels scary as fuck.
but i’m a grown up kid and i can go out and buy snaks and candies! i’ll do it next time!!

3 Likes

My adventures in resin continue!

Before:

After:

8 Likes

That looks fantastic. Your board is going to be phenomenal.

1 Like

Oh my Hashut!! That is SICK!! What is this resin stuff your using?? I want to play!!
I sooo want to play on your board, if Covid ever ends and I ever get the chance to visit old blighty I will totally hit you up for a game!

1 Like

Always welcome! Same for any other CDO homies who are unlucky enough to find themselves on my soggy little island. Come quarantine in my gaming garage haha

The resin is a poor mans water effects that I stole from Lukes APS

Link here: https://youtu.be/0ELyWFKMDGg

Pound shop (dollar store?) two part clear epoxy resin mixed with isopropyl alcohol (which I have lots of for 3D printing).

It’s definitely not the tool for the job btw. It took ten syringes of the stuff to fill hahahah

Much better for small puddles etc. But hey - it worked!

3 Likes

Sweet as, I will have a look through the $2 shop & bunnings next time I am there, I also have an abundance of iso since getting this printer… I often wonder what the post people think when they deliver 20L of the stuff at a time lol

1 Like

looks like you enjoyed a lot puking in that resin hole!
great thing you made! gonna bring some minis when i’ll visit unauthorized your place :hashut1:

2 Likes

Congratulations on your impending marriage oxymandius. Missed that comment the 1st time around…
You might have to leave the toy figures alone for a day or two…i know itll be rough! Haha

2 Likes

Ohh what is this!? I seem to have missed this comment also!
Congrats @Oxymandias Welcome to the rollercoaster my friend!! haha :wink:
I kinda want to make a diorama in regards to this news, hmmm

1 Like

Indeed Oxy, you slipped that one in. Congratulations.

2 Likes

Wow, stellar work! It’s all coming together in lovely fashion.

2 Likes

Getting ready for my first game of the new mordheim season!

9 Likes