New sculpt WIP

Just for fun, one of the most classic chaos dwarf characters ever: Thymbrin Snakebeard!

16 Likes

Yes! He’s coming alive. Neat work!

@ATOM might be interested in seeing your vision of Thymbrin (he has a really nice drawing of him). :smiley:

Thymbrin Snakebeard breeds his own Boar Centaurs you know.

1 Like

Excellent! :heart_eyes:

Very nice indeed, i have to say i dont know anything about this character but looks cool :smiley:

1 Like

from the white dwarf article origin story Thymbrin:

https://www.warhammer-forum.com/index.php?/topic/46946-nains-du-chaos-unité-whirlwind/page/3/

6 Likes

Nice little snippet of background there. Interesting character that could be developed further i think.

2 Likes

Classic looking, I like him!

The CD already looks very ingenious! :skull2:

He already looks great! Good to see this archetypal Chaos Dwarf being honoured like this. :beer:

May I ask what material that whitish block is made from? I assume that the dwarf’s wire frame is pinned into it. Does it have advantages over cork for sculpting?

Cheers

its your common household pencil eraser, i prefer them over cork because of availability and size (more flat surface area). Cork however is more solid thus less change of moving the sculpt while working on it.

2 Likes

Coming along beautifully!

5 Likes

Awesome work, love it.

Splendid work, Snakebeard is turning out great!

7 Likes

Looks great. Are you going to mount him on some sort of war machine? Since he is an engineer

Awesome miniature and great paintjob! :cd1980:

Thanks guys, indeed, I think he truly belongs to be on top of a chaos dwarf juggernaut! But that means a big paintjob… but i have two of them one for paint one for the collection…

4 Likes

Would be a great entry in the latest competition… :cd1991gif: