Old World Chaos Dwarf Lore Text

Excellent compilation! This should probably be in the wiki lore section also. :metal:

3 Likes

Yea sure, and next youre gonna tell me ass cannons are made outta asses

7 Likes

CA can go fuck themselves

I just want to be super clear in understanding you here.

The makers of the biggest, deepest depiction of Chaos Dwarfs ever - who included the exact unit in their DLC that you’re mad isn’t in the free PDF you have to play on the tabletop - can go fuck themselves, because of a one-point statline difference between a document from 1994 and a document from 2023?

Do you ever wonder why you’re like this?

5 Likes

I just have so many questions. Do you have a Chaos Dwarfs army? Is it 80s or 90s or Forge World or 3rd party or (like most of us) a combination of those? Have you ever played Warhammer Fantasy Battle in any edition? If so, which ones? Have you ever played 4th or 8th Chaos Dwarf army lists? Do you have a group of friends who want to play Old World with you? Are they into casual or organised play? So, so many questions.

2 Likes

Thank you very much for compiling the Chaos Dwarf material in the Old World PDF! Most kind and useful.

As to the Infernal Guard description, my advice is to go with the most elaborate background, and understand actual Infernal Guards to be the penal legion as described in Throne of Tamurkhan, complete with shamed masks instead of proud hats. Whereas the nice description of Infernal Guard given here ought to be interpreted as an invitation for players to count Chaos Dwarf warriors of all kinds as Infernal Guards since the army list clearly was written mainly with 2010s Legion of Azgorh released miniatures in mind. It’s just a case of Chaos Dwarfs never having had a fully fleshed out army book and model range in Warhammer Fantasy, so roll with it.

Future releases might finally push us into this coveted sweet spot, complete with plastic kits. Fingers crossed: It’s been a dream and a goal of Chaos Dwarfs Online members since the very start. And unlike what some have feared in the past, I am confident and certain that it won’t draw down our own community creativity by being finally let into the official warmth.

As to the IP theft Uno Reverse Card: Glorious! See, this is why competition and creative cross-pollination and outright nicking of designs is a good thing. Enjoy the fruits of a broken monopoly. :smiley:

@Xander : True! Copy-pasted into wiki.

As to our friends at Creative Assembly, all power and success to them. They deserve the very best. Thank you for the treasures you’ve wrought for the Warhammer world, beyond what we could ever realistically have hoped to see come true. It is fantastic to witness such marvels.

Cheers

3 Likes

Excellent! And nice reply! It’s true that our army books are always just a bit wonky. From White Dwarf Presents, to Forge World Presents. :smiling_face_with_tear:

1 Like

Astragoth is probably around during TOW. He is just 200 years younger, still mobile and probably at the peak of his power. Intersting perpectives for a conversion.

6 Likes