Plunder for the Ironclad Fleet [January 27 2021]

I dunno about “shortly” haha, but I’ll try to live up to everything else. I’m in the process of trying to figure out 3D printing some magnetized movement trays and bases to rank these up nicely.

1 Like

Had to get this guy off my desk before mass infantry assembly begins. Overall happy with how the kitbash came together with some paint on it. I definitely spent wayyyy more time building this guy than painting.

12 Likes

This turned out too good! Superb conversion and painting, fit well within your army! :smiley:

1 Like

Utterly gorgeous. He is fantastic

2 Likes

He looks brilliant. Ingenious construction and harmonious painting. Simply terrific!

2 Likes

Passage from a Scribe’s contest entry that was inspired by this submersible sketch. Finally migrated the text to the pages of my lore book as an accompaniment. Some day I will definitely have to bring one of my concepts to tabletop scale.

6 Likes

Sometimes my stream of consciousness is quite self-referential…
Anyway here are my musings and sketches of nautical familiars and bound daemons that have helped motivate some of my recent builds.

This fantastic crab from the Steampunk Museum in NZ was a very early source of inspiration for my theme. I’ve been holding onto this picture and others from the museum for quite some time.

6 Likes

Excited to see the hammerhead conversion!

2 Likes

Looking at ur machines makes me think of dr robotnick from sonic. Maybe you need to make him :grinning:

3 Likes

He certainly has Zharr appropriate paunch and a mustache to boot!

3 Likes

Damn it! Now I can’t stop picturing him as a rogue deamonsmith!

3 Likes

Sketched up another character page for my lore book. Maybe this guy will make an appearance in a short story when inspiration strikes.

5 Likes

Crazy Crazy stuff…love this thread!

1 Like

Instead of painting the Tau on my desk or priming the 3D printed dragons I’ve been accumulating, inspiration struck to create more nautical steam creatures. What started as a fun project to make a few small bits of troop filler ended up snowballing into a Pokemon mission to catch 'em all.

I was fishing through my bits box on an entirely different quest when I saw an eel jaw with an enjoyable amount of underbite. One thing lead to another and now I have a crab and a manta as well… Not sure what I’ll end up using these for now. Seems like they’ll need their own unit…

11 Likes

I am always delighted with your conversions! I wish I had just a touch of your creativity! :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

The hermit crab is ingenious!

3 Likes

That crab or something similar would make a nice themed gun or bolt thrower platform for your army. Accompanied by a couple of gobbos in divers helmets maybe.Lovely creations as usual :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you all! … and that’s an excellent idea. I will spoil that I do have a giant crab in the dry dock. Early stage WIPs hopefully soon. I am certainly eyeing the new Russian Alt models for hobgobbos riding steam creations but a bolt thrower platform is something I hadn’t considered!

5 Likes

Such a great idea for the army! :smiley:

2 Likes

Lovely and imaginative creations!
I’m always fascinated to see the variety of bits that people are able to cobble together to make models as these.
And I have to admit that I’m delighted to see you using some of the metal bits I sculpted, really cool to see them being used in so many ways.
Excellent work!

1 Like