Plunder for the Ironclad Fleet [Mar 16 2024 - A Machine for Pigs]

Gorgeous work as always. I love how your builds always look incredibly dark and menacing, but still contain elements of humour the closer you look.

2 Likes

@Reaver… i knew a lot of work went into this but damn son… :smiley: that is neat!

The face you sculpted is simply stunning!

2 Likes

Top notch! Humorous and dark at the same time. It truly looks alive, and the detailing is superb. Very well done on the technical detail additions! Also, don’t miss to post pictures of the painted, finished build in your log. Magnificent asscannon! The long barrel adds a lot.

I recognize that kind of checklist. I had a long checklist like hell when doing the orgy barge, all working after drying schedule so as not to miss anything. One day I hope to sculpt an asscannon for casting, insanely detailed to say the least. You guys have provided a lot of fresh inspiration toward that goal.

Well deserved gold!

5 Likes

Incredible stuff, amazing what you always produce for your army. Amazing!

2 Likes

Thanks @Admiral , @MichaelX, and @Habitual_Lurker ! Finally finished editing the lengthy draft with some commentary, you guys are too fast! I’ll surely have a separate post soon with more painted views than I could enter in the contest.

4 Likes

Octopass (thanks Admiral) the Nautical Ass. Asskraken?

My typical scheme and basing, although I did experiment with some weathering powders which I think helped in a small way.

Not much can be accomplished in Chaos Dwarf society without malevolent pointing - @chitzkoi (paraphrased). A throwback here to my own confused cart that accidentally could be an asscannon concept art for ATWD

Witness the leaky lube puddle on the platform. Something @MichaelX did in a similar capacity in his arsetisans build.

15 Likes

I had an extra assistant leftover from the asscannon which will assumedly be assigned to my assembly of familiars

5 Likes

This is exactly the phrasing I was hoping to receive.

For the Reavers of Uzkulak both size and the motion of the ocean are pivotal factors in the design process. Both, both is good.

2 Likes

The gun is dope!!! Love it and painted is even cooler! :shock:

2 Likes

I’ll be honest, I am one of those in the minority here who is not a fan or proponent of the ass cannon concept. This however was so brilliantly planned, assembled, and executed, and then beautifully painted that it wholly was able to transcend my aversion to the model type. Incredibly well done, and the mechanism and concept detail sets a very high bar. Amazing work! Also… pen bits… and that cross beam in the rear undercarriage looks suspiciously like a lego rod…

2 Likes

In this case I think that was actually a piece of trash I picked up off the street since it looked just like a Lego rod. It was some kind of tiny flag mast, for like parade flags or some such thing. There is some I think hard to spot cut up lego. part of a lime green translucent 1x1 lego cone on the creature’s “hat” and some of the underslung pipe supports. Rest assured I will steal more of your Lego ideas soon.

Thanks Jackswift! I was trying to shoot for some weird almost legion of asszgorh style model to fit in with my other artillery pieces. Grim but with some comedy if you inspect closely.

2 Likes

Ha… nice. That completely falls within the acceptable random bits category, too. I use many bits, with origins shrouded in mystery (no idea what they came from). Also, nicely sculpted horseshoe crab!

3 Likes

What an amazing build. Such a big project, yet so much love put into the small details, I’m sure I’ll find something new each time I look at it. Beautiful sculpting work on the octopus parts. A well deserved victory indeed! :beer:

3 Likes

Absolutely fantastic. Such detail, such loving care and an asscannon! Awesome.

2 Likes

This guy is awesome, such a cool little touch I did not notice at first, I see that a lot on your projects that I notice things on the 3rd/4th views

2 Likes

Superb. I hate you :sob:
I’ll never be able to even picture such thing xD

3 Likes

It’s the level of planning @Loidrial

I think you, like me, are a more chaotic creature than @Reaver

He has this mad ability to think of something, write it down, and then do it.

Madness

3 Likes

@Loidrial , @Oxymandias almost as if it’s his job to make something from an concept or plan :sweat_smile: what a weird :rofl:

2 Likes

@MichaelX Fair play…

I’d say there’s a fair amount bit searching to align with a vision, writing down the notional uses for the bits, realizing part way through there’s no Hashut-damned place for your daemonsmith to stand despite the giant base, reacting to the poor planning, and then greebling my way across the finish line.

Steampunk greebling is a passion at this point. Although I’d say the most enjoyable part (And I think @Loidrial can appreciate from his trash builds) is having the bits box and the trash box side by side and rifling through it at the onset of a build and finding new uses for stuff that has sat unused or could’ve easily been tossed in the bin. Just as good as Christmas.

I hope to document a bit better my Walhut tribute, coming soon to a nautical blog near you. Now that Michael has made official his new hobby of sabotaging my BATG with great ideas.

7 Likes

It’s mutually beneficial @Reaver

1 Like