Plunder for the Ironclad Fleet [Jun 10 2022 - Lamassu Painted]

Awesome stuff! Love the use of the Servohauler kit! I did somehting similar for a Dwarf Steamtank! Xander's Cities of Sigmar army - #4 by Xander

Keep up the great work!


That steamtank is awesome. Particularly the hatches and addition of the engine on the back. The servohauler kit is so versatile, it’s great to see what other people do with it. Admech, 40k Orks, Chaos Dwarfs, Dwarfs… it has uses everywhere!

1 Like

Thanks! I totally agree, plus the kit is way less expensive than most modern kits! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:


Incredible conversion work again, I’m not sure if more impressed with your minis before or after painting :exploding_head: even the bases are mind blowing

Great work :+1:t2::vulcan_salute:t2:


Thanks a bunch @GhraskDragh I know what you mean. I’m usually in camp prior to painting. But there’s a good degree of satisfaction watching primer blend a conversion together. After that there’s no small amount of stubbornness and dislike of unfinished business to get things to the finish line. All depends on mood though since a long painting session is sometimes just what I need.


Here’s an early stage WIP for my K’Daai Destroyer that I’ve been stewing on for quite some time. Really wanted to take this in a different direction than most I’ve seen but still pay homage to the wealth of great conversions and concepts this community has displayed. Still have to mull over my grandiose plans to cover lots of the shell with molten cracking effects, masking the FDM print lines.

Sifted through many different sea creatures in my head trying to land on a good starting point. Giant turtle, giant jellyfish, and giant crab began as the frontrunners. I’ve seen crab Khorne themed Chaos Defilers but when I saw the GW Lord Discordant for Chaos Space Marines the legs in particular reminded me of concept art for the destroyer.

So far a lot of the work and waffling has been spent tinkering on the face. I got a used pre-assembled Lord Discordant on eBay which was great since I was going to hack it up anyway but it did present challenges trying to integrate the gear maw. I’m going to come back and replace some of the tendrils I needed to cut away but I’m finally happy with the starting point.


20151104 Dragon Turtle n Crabbie

Here’s one I did for a Man-O-War Monster using a sea-shell. For size I think its on a 40mm base.


Wonderful conversion, so thematic for your army!

1 Like

Spot on! Your army is truly one of a kind… :exploding_head:

1 Like

Those are awesome! That’s a really fun scale for customs.

1 Like

:exploding_head: love seeing updates on this blog and that’s why :grin:

1 Like

Enjoyed painting this small unit of Infernal Guard with Fireglaives from Russian Alternative. Moving on to basing blunderbuss warriors next. Have a magnetic movement tray already printed for these guys when I get back from the holidays.

Also, in case anyone is curious I cheated and printed my own bases at 22.5mm square that have a hole to press fit a disc magnet perfectly. I didn’t like how they looked on 20mm or 25mm so I bulk printed my own bases at about 2 cents (USD) per base.


They look great! 2.25cm bases…dirty…haha


Just conferring with the Hierarchy.

To see if this (2.25cm) counts as heresy.


Fantastic work. Funny measurement, but aesthetics go first. :21:

1 Like

Heresy for sure! Sweet sweet heresy, oh it sings to me


Really enjoyed making and painting this mini for @Goltor for the Secret Santa. I felt that this giant dwarf from Scibor Miniatures needed a suitably large base and a companion in the form of a steampunk jellyfish familiar.

I’ll certainly be looking forward to next year’s Secret Santa!


What a great build! Such a lot of love put into every small touch. :24: Out of interest, how did you do the little rivets on the lava machine and the flying drone?

1 Like

@Antenor I use a rivet maker similar to this process. Although I typically just crudely shove leftover green stuff into it and let it cure with a thumb print wad on the back. Then I cut the individual rivets off the wad as I need them. I have tried it with some old oven bake that I had around the house and it worked okay. Although some rivets deformed since I peeled the mold off before baking. Applying them is delicate but with a dot of glue and a slightly wet blade to pick up the rivet and place it I’ve had decent luck.


The work you put into the bases creating a mini environment for your models is 2nd to none as far as im concerned. Great stuff.

Those scribor models or other slightly too large cds could be used as alternative black orcs on 25mm bases. Some sort of barbarian outcasts or something. Not the worst idea ive had i think haha :13:

1 Like