Plunder for the Ironclad Fleet [Mar 16 2024 - A Machine for Pigs]

20151104 Dragon Turtle n Crabbie

Here’s one I did for a Man-O-War Monster using a sea-shell. For size I think its on a 40mm base.

2 Likes

Wonderful conversion, so thematic for your army!

1 Like

Spot on! Your army is truly one of a kind… :exploding_head:

1 Like

Those are awesome! That’s a really fun scale for customs.

1 Like

:exploding_head: love seeing updates on this blog and that’s why :grin:

1 Like

Enjoyed painting this small unit of Infernal Guard with Fireglaives from Russian Alternative. Moving on to basing blunderbuss warriors next. Have a magnetic movement tray already printed for these guys when I get back from the holidays.

Also, in case anyone is curious I cheated and printed my own bases at 22.5mm square that have a hole to press fit a disc magnet perfectly. I didn’t like how they looked on 20mm or 25mm so I bulk printed my own bases at about 2 cents (USD) per base.

13 Likes

They look great! 2.25cm bases…dirty…haha

2 Likes

Just conferring with the Hierarchy.

To see if this (2.25cm) counts as heresy.

4 Likes

Fantastic work. Funny measurement, but aesthetics go first. :21:

1 Like

Heresy for sure! Sweet sweet heresy, oh it sings to me

2 Likes

Really enjoyed making and painting this mini for @Goltor for the Secret Santa. I felt that this giant dwarf from Scibor Miniatures needed a suitably large base and a companion in the form of a steampunk jellyfish familiar.

I’ll certainly be looking forward to next year’s Secret Santa!

11 Likes

What a great build! Such a lot of love put into every small touch. :24: Out of interest, how did you do the little rivets on the lava machine and the flying drone?

1 Like

@Antenor I use a rivet maker similar to this process. Although I typically just crudely shove leftover green stuff into it and let it cure with a thumb print wad on the back. Then I cut the individual rivets off the wad as I need them. I have tried it with some old oven bake that I had around the house and it worked okay. Although some rivets deformed since I peeled the mold off before baking. Applying them is delicate but with a dot of glue and a slightly wet blade to pick up the rivet and place it I’ve had decent luck.

2 Likes

The work you put into the bases creating a mini environment for your models is 2nd to none as far as im concerned. Great stuff.

Those scribor models or other slightly too large cds could be used as alternative black orcs on 25mm bases. Some sort of barbarian outcasts or something. Not the worst idea ive had i think haha :13:

1 Like

I’m glad to hear that the basing efforts are well received. I’ve certainly grown to enjoy it despite a rocky start (oof bad pun) and general neglect of basing earlier in my hobby years.

I really like your idea for the Scibor minis. I think I have a few more including some berserker style ones that could fit a barbarian role quite well.

1 Like

Lovely work here all around!

1 Like

Such a personalised secret Santa gift - really went all out

I take my (extremely big) hat off to you sir

2 Likes

Thanks for getting the exchange organized! Hope we reel in many more participants next year.

1 Like

Barbarian chaos dwarfs hooked on drinking giants blood leading to increased stature over the years. Similar to the greatest goblin ever Grom eating troll meat.
Im pretty sure i saw a dwarf half giant model somewhere at some point.

:17:

1 Like

Was a proper last minute decision this time. Next time we can start in November. More time and more likely to grab extra ppl

1 Like