Plunder for the Ironclad Fleet [Jun 14 2024 - Deathcargot]

Thanks all for the kind comments! I definitely would give Red Bard a fantastic rating even though the range isn’t explicitly Chaos Dwarf. When I post these on instagram I might ping the guy and see if he’d be interested in sponsoring a contest. I feel like Red Bard could have a fan base here on CDO.

Fortunately on the cyclops the inside dwarf and roof were separate pieces, even though I normally avoid sub-assembly painting like Nurgle’s plague.

All I have is a beat up old drybrush with a 30 degree angle in the ferrule.

4 Likes

Legends of the butcher, Porco Dio, have traveled to the hill country. Weak willed halfling swine would venture from their homesteads to leave offerings in the name of the bloodthirsty Porco Dio. Fear of the legend became worship…

The ravenous cult of Porco Dio emerged from myth. They may be small in stature and in number, but the ruinous powers engender many forms of ingenuity most consider to be… unnatural.

Here I am joining @Zoddtheimmortal on team Chaos Halfling. This Mantic Iron Beast didn’t stay on the grey pile too long. The kit needed some work to fit together well, a common feature of Mantic it seems… but the model is ace and I barely did anything to it beyond adding a few OSM heads.

Painting was a quick affair but I just didn’t quite finish this in time for the Golden Hat. My DIY verdigris tech paint put in some work on the metals.

Not sure if the Halfling cult of Porco Dio will make regular appearances but surely these won’t be the last halflings on this blog. Oh the Maxmini deals, how they sing to me… it’s enough to make a man sick.

14 Likes

Excellent, you are taking a few more steps down the dark path of chaos halflings, it draws us on inexorably to the ultimate conclusion that is:

Chaos halfings are the way

The max mini are great, but a man with your converting skills may enjoy the wargames atlantic box of 40 plastics? A legion could follow…?

4 Likes

did you make a guide to photography in the black void? I forget, but wish to imitate

2 Likes

Yes indeed! And other folks have started adding to it. If you get results definitely post them up or any recommendations on improvement.

1 Like

Presenting the Vulgar Militia on Deathcargot!

The kitbash concept started with the wonderful snails from OSM’s Wastelands line. Spare fishy bits from @LaketideMiniatures went along for the ride figuring I’d want a unit of six… uhh… something… These models languished a while as piles of bits. Something loosely turnip, not fitting on cav bases, not hobgobliny, awkward in concept…

Eventually… I latched onto the gnoblars as base models for riders due to posing but wanted something more reminiscent of vulgar militia from Elden Ring. Strutting around Elden Ring with two big ol bloody Vulgar Militia Saws is my favorite build. Weapon bits and easy conversion ideas of ragged cloth allowed me to fill the gaps my bits box was stalling me on. Salvation was also found for this unit… amongst dark eldar bits? There’s some tomb king arms, and a Tyranid mace tail… real shells… kinda a whole mess… I just kinda glued stuff together and wished all the problems away with strips of cloth green stuffing.

She likes cloth - jugga jigga wugga

Painting was good fun, falling into place with a similar palette as my turnippy clothgoblins. Hopefully some dwarfs of this style are in my near future.

Vallejo dead flesh puts in most of the heavy lifting here… Then it was just wayyyy too many different brown paints… touches of my favorite warcolours violet and pink.

Overall they’re fun little goobers and I quite like them. I may just loot this style of painting for my Kroot.

7 Likes