Plunder for the Ironclad Fleet [Nov 3 2022 - Great Weapons are Great]

That was quick! And of top quality. Great painting, Reaver, and good eye there, Jackswift!

1 Like

Looks amazing, and makes the model even more striking without taking away from the paint job on the rider. Well done!

1 Like

l loved the daemonsmith kitbash and its drawings

1 Like

Probably one of my favorite character models that I’ve ever finished and one of those cases where the bits just fell into place (perhaps by Hashut’s will).

This looks awesome, loving the base too!

1 Like

Been a while since last update so here’s a WIP sorcerer of Hashut. Really a mosh of parts and sculpting but I’m pleased so far, been wanting to use that pipe for a while. Idea ended up being reminiscent of an ogre firebelly except forming sorcerous energy by blowing smoke and ash.

7 Likes

This conversion is a work of art!

1 Like

That is one epic sorcerer! Great use of parts and sculpting. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh that looks great! Excited for the paintjob

1 Like

Agreed! Amazing, love the Fabius Bile (has anyone else just discovered they’ve been saying that wrong for years :thinking::grin:) influence with the suringes at the side, love the old school hat in there and that back banner is fantastic where is it from?

It’s fun to look through and guess all the parts :grin:

The curled up ‘boots’ and skulls at the end of the beards and the wonderfully designed shoulder pads… its safe to say I’m a big fan of this

1 Like

Thanks all! Still a good bit of work to do sculpting the plume coming out of his mouth. Then he’ll need a base and a story!

Good ‘I spy’ game for sure. Backpack rack/banner is from the newish GW CSM Lord Discordant. I’m a sucker for the tiny furnace look…

Sorcerer update, been adding to the smoke slowly over the last week. This turned out to be more challenging than I thought but it’s close to the result I was aiming my blunderbuss at hoping for some success. Took inspiration from @tjub Tjubgob characters and the Flaming Scimitar from Dreadfleet.

9 Likes

Cool, this turned out to be one of the more epic characters of late! Great work. :slight_smile:
…and glad to be able to inspire. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Love the use of the K’Daai head, calling him finished or more to do?

2 Likes

I touched up a few small areas of the smoke since taking pictures always reveals something. Calling it good for now until I come up with a story, a base, or maybe… a mount!? for him… I feel he needs something suitable to stand on based on the work I’ve put in so far. Can’t stop short for one of my new favorite builds.

1 Like

Think Id go for a base, a mount might be too busy? But that said, Im sure you can prove me wrong here… :slight_smile:

1 Like

:point_up_2:t2: yes I’d like to see him on a nice raised base much like your K’Daai champion, both so that he stands out worthy of the effort you’ve put in but also for convenience (if you play) as the spell will o over most other mini on the board if he’s raised up

1 Like

All great points. I was considering magnetizing him to some kind of palanquin or altar. So far a sorcerer lord on lamassu conversion concept has been elusive for me despite the wealth of reference material out there… someday something will coalesce on the workbench

2 Likes

Plenty of impressing stuff here, and great realization of the theme!

1 Like

Oh I like the idea of a palanquin, not done too much either so be nice to see what that would look like

I know what you mean about the Lamassu, now I’ve gone with the newer LoA minis it’s something that been wracking my brain too :thinking: let us know when you find something :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like