Plunder for the Ironclad Fleet [Mar 16 2024 - A Machine for Pigs]

Haha… What with this Walrus thing? :thinking:

2 Likes

It was a dumb pun that originated in a What in the world will GW do to Chaos Dwarfs in AoS train of conversation. An offhand musing that gained traction, especially since the damnable high elves took our cows. (Edit: spelling should be high aiolielves…)

THEY TERK 'ERR COWS

Community has since run with the joke in a serious manner and as usual it has turned into something far greater than GW could hope to achieve. The Hoary Sea Father cometh

7 Likes

No wonder my first thought was “Hey, those look just like @Xander 's Chaos Dwarfs!” :smiley:

I’ve always been a diehard fan of the Hellcannon and crew look. Xander always nails it to perfection.

Marvellous gift! They’re in the best of hands. Good conversions and unit fillers as well!

Gloriously mad Skullcracker, as well! A jolly creation to be sure.

And ahahaha, a horde of 50 homebrew contraptions is a marvellous sight to behold. So fun to see @tjub 's Tjublings in there as well. Great fun unit, sir!

@Uther.the.unhinged 's helihat designs will conquer the world. And love the warlus and everything else in there! Thumbs up for Gnoblars!

Such a jolly mad, awesome regiment…!

3 Likes

Happy holidays to all! Here lies all of the progress pics from my Zhanta gift to @Vapo

The miniature started as a Mage Knight Dwarf Axe Knight although his axe, helm, and apparently knees had been hacked off ages ago. The poor soul sat neglected in the bin for too long! The stone hammer was looted from another trashed mage knight.

The shark helmet was pure accident but after an errant pinch of the green stuff I elected to keep it! I was aiming for the Dark Souls Abyss Watchers helmet but had to stop in my tracks at Street Shark. Ended up covering up most of the old mini. Cloth and beard upgrades were desperately needed.

Don’t worry, this won’t be the last shark helm you see on this blog.

21 Likes

I don’t know how you manage to make things menacing and humorous at the same time, but you always seem to manage it!

2 Likes

So in love with this shark helm sculpt

4 Likes

fuck yes

7 Likes

Holy Hashut I forgot all about those! That’s amazing :rofl::rofl::rofl: some of the best toys I had when j was younger

What a cool sculpt dude :clap:t2: classic dwarf pose

5 Likes

I challenge you to do a hammer head helm at some point or a basking shark helm with the dwarfs head visable inside. Fits your theme. Fish helm dwarfs

Riding crustaceans maybe?

5 Likes

BkWxTH
Or a goblin shark helm with a mutant dwarf face kinda projecting out where the jaws would be…

4 Likes

Loving the sharkfin hat. Beautifully realized. Nice painted result too. The molten metal on the hammer and base is awesome.

3 Likes

Product of a weekend without painting supplies. It has been on my list for some time to immortalize the ass in my lore book.

Or maybe this is just lyrical rampage for Spetum Rhetoric’s next studio album. I’ll let you decide.

12 Likes

Soooo coool. Love the lore. Icky but cool!

3 Likes

Here comes the Fabeltjub Palanquin (Tjubbly Fablanquin?) of Hashut! (and/or perhaps also Walhut)

Big shouts to the below for making this one happen:
My first @Fabelzel model
Printed by @LaketideMiniatures
Inspired by @Zanko palanquin
Walrus Statues gifted by @MichaelX
And of course the Lings of @tjub

Converting effort on the palanquin itself was minimal. The dais itself was made from a Space Hulk standee and bits from a Chaos War Shrine. I slapped a bit of crackle paint on the sorcerer for good stony measure.

The rock turtle was somewhat inspired by Dark Souls 3 crystal lizards and rock turtles. One of the most cathartic exercises in the hobby for me is sprue whittling and scratching together crystal shapes. Turtle texture was just drawn lines with a sculpting tool coming back over with a flat rock just as I do cobblestone bases. The entire genesis of the turtle was to lazily avoid heartache of having the Tjublings support it, and I robbed extra Tjublings for future golems anyway so needed something to fill the space.

Painting was mostly my standard scheme with darn’d extra light sources. Almost went lava golems but I thought the dusty purply stone was better for the color overall. Rest assured Tjublavalings will arrive in good time.

24 Likes

One of my favorite entries. A wonderfully creative build, and the paint job is understated yet striking. Very well done!

3 Likes

Love your entry! Fantastic implementation of your concept! Btw. you got my vote! :wink:

3 Likes

Loved this entry, so much atmosphere from the colour choices, bravo

3 Likes

I would love it if only for the splendid mix of models. Fabelzel and Tjub in one entry? Yes please! Your superb paint job does the rest. A+ entry

3 Likes

A very cool entry. Bringing @tjub lings to 28mm battlefields is a worthy cause in and of itself, but using them to exalt Lord @Fabelzel ‘s sorcerer? *chef kiss *

4 Likes

I’m afraid I can’t say anything,
The conversion is really good and at first I thought: Ohh just painted grey…

But the more I look at the Mini, the more I see. Different colours in the light, the different figures and their composition.

In the simple looking colours, a total masterpiece.

2 Likes